cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 40

Re: Discovery plus for entertainment tv package

Go to solution

I have clicked through on the link you’ve provided but I’m not seeing any option to activate Discovery plus. Is it a case that I’ve done this too early? For info, I was previously on the Big sport package and had access to Discovery plus then - this access was lost when I downgraded to Entertainment a few months ago.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 40

Go to solution

I have clicked on the  link then pressed the active button which opens mybt, but there is nothing there about discovery plus

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 40

Go to solution

You have to go into Your Products/Manage TV.

I didn't bother because although it says you can activate it for free, I had to upgrade my TV package to qualify which of course would increase the cost and therefore, contrary to the claims on the website, Discovery Plus is NOT a free upgrade to ALL BT TV customers, you still need a BT Sport package to qualify.

Message 24 of 40

Go to solution

There's no option in there for me @Les-Gibson  so I'm assuming it hasn't fully launched yet, although it does list Discovery + Basic under 'What you currently have'.

There's nothing better to alienate a customer than telling them they've got something when they haven't.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 40

Go to solution

I believe the BT website currently says

Pick a BT TV Sport, Big Sport or VIP BT TV package and get access to discovery+ Sport and Entertainment or choose a BT TV Entertainment or Big Entertainment package and get a discovery+ Entertainment subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 40

Go to solution

@Andy005 

It's funny you should say that....

I viewed it earlier this morning but decided not to proceed because it was clear that I would have to change my TV package, this would have led to this "free" service costing me considerably more than the £6.99 it costs to subscribe directly with Discovery +. 

Having read your post, I went back into Manage my TV Package and the chance to sign up has vanished into the ether, instead I see that under my TV package details, I also apparently have discovery + as part of my BT TV subscription, it's just a shame that I don't have the necessary details to log in to the app.

As hard as it may be to believe, I think someone somewhere has screwed up (just for a change).

Message 27 of 40

Go to solution

I registered on the Wednesday evening and it worked for me.

I also tried the link again last night and it was working. 

There's an old Scottish saying, "it will all come out in the wash sooner or later"

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 40

Go to solution

Hi All,

I am acknowledging your feedback & we are now investigating some data issues which are resulting in some customers not seeing the Discovery+ activation route in MyBT.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we understand it and are working through it.

Message 29 of 40

Go to solution

@DarrenW 

Gotta hand it to the moderators / experts on these forum pages, they are really on top of their game.

Message 30 of 40

Go to solution

Hi All,

We are still working through the data issues but have made some progress, I would appreciate if you could check that the activation journey is now showing for you in bt.com/mybt and if not report back please 🙂