cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Error IPC6023

Go to solution

I switched on to be BT TV customer from 4 weeks and first 2 weeks I was recieving channels through my BT TV Box Pro but it box used to hang very frequently and hence Box was replaced . 

I replaced the box and now I am getting IPC6023 error when I browse the channels .It says that there is some problem with your broadband . I am on full Fibre and I have smart hub2. I can confirm that there is no internet problem as when I browse apps from BT box Pro all of them are working .I logged the fault with team but from last 2 weeks no one is able to resolve the problem in BT support 

Please help

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Error IPC6023

Go to solution

There's lots of info regarding IPC6023 on this customer forum, just enter IPC6023 in the search bar above.

Just for clarity, BT TV uses Multicast but the apps don't, hence you can still have an internet fault

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson  Yes I have gone through those and seen issues have been resolved by Moderators privately as solution is not listed in forums so I am hoping moderator picks this up and gets this resolved from BT backend teams as I have been on phone with BT support around 20+ times and told them the same thing on Multicast issue but issue still persists 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@NeilO  Please help as I have seen you have resolved this issue for users in various forums

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

How is your box connected to your hub, if not by ethernet cable then that could well be the problem the mini connectors BT supply are, shall we say not very good (I can think of stronger words to use but I'll keep it polite)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson  it is connected directly via Cat6 cable from HuB to Box ..I have also tried wireless method as well ..No connectors in between 

As earlier said Apps on TV Box works ok so does not seems to be connection problem

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Singhp49

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting!

I am sorry that you're seeing error code IPC-6023 on your BT TV service.  As you have called the helpdesk and you're no further forward, we can pick up from here and help get it sorted.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@Singhp49wrote:

@Les-Gibson  it is connected directly via Cat6 cable from HuB to Box ..I have also tried wireless method as well ..No connectors in between 

As earlier said Apps on TV Box works ok so does not seems to be connection problem

And as said earlier, that means nothing. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the TCP/IP stack, level 2 and how it caters for multicast. Once again the apps do not use Multicast.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Singhp49 ,

Sorry for the late reply. I can see @RobbieMac got this sorted for you. If you have any other problems please let us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings