cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Free NETFLIX with BT TV

Go to solution

I've spoken to customer services this morning and upgraded to Full fibre, which is fine.  We're also keeping our BT TV VIP package, which again is fine.

I've just had an email to confirm that NETFLIX is now included, and asking me to click on a link to link my existing account to BT.

We currently have the top NETFLIX package, which is "Our best video quality in Ultra HD (4K) and HDR. Spatial audio available. Watch advert-free on any phone, tablet, computer or TV. Download on 6 devices."  I understand the package included in the BT TV package is only the Standard.  So, presumably, if I click the link to transfer my account to BT, I will be downgraded to the Standard package.  Is there a way I can pay the difference to upgrade back to the package we're currently on?

I'm actually thinking I'm going to keep paying direct to Netflix as we've had the account since day 1 and don't want to lose it.

Any help would be appreciated, especially from anyone who has transferred their Netflix account to BT.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Free NETFLIX with BT TV

Go to solution

We’ve got the Entertainment pack as our base pack which includes basic Netflix and we pay an extra £4pm to BT  to upgrade to standard Netflix. If we wanted to upgrade to Premium Netflix it would cost us an extra £9pm, so I assume that it would cost an extra £5pm for you to do what you are intending to do.

We didn’t transfer an existing Netflix account over to BT though. I’m puzzled when you say that you’re keeping your BTTV VIP package and it now includes Netflix, because standard Netflix would already have been included in your VIP package.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @TractorGirl welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. The BT TV VIP package comes with the Netflix Standard plan included (two screens in Full HD).

After you link Netflix to BT you can upgrade from Standard (two screen with Full HD) to Premium (four screens in UHD/4K) for an additional £5 per month. To change the plan you need to log in to MyBT go to Your Products, then the TV and Sports section.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you. Netflix wasn't included in our VIP package when we took it out 2 years ago. 

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you ... all done and yes, it's an extra £5 a month. So as we were paying £15.99 to Netflix we're saving over £10 a month. Result!!
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@TractorGirl That's great, I'm glad you got sorted.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@TractorGirl Ok, I’m with you now. You’ve just come to the end of your 2 year contract. I hadn’t realised that Netflix wasn’t included in your original VIP package.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, exactly. It's fine though, I clicked on the "Link to your account" option and it said I had the top package and it would cost an extra £5 a month which will be added to my BT account. So all is good.