cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Hd add on and Now TV boost

Go to solution

Just want to clarify if have the entertainment package if I add the BT Tv HD add on it will allow HD streaming of the Now channels. If I have the Now Boost it just boosts on the app, or will it permit HD streaming on the pro box also negating the need to have the HD add on?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Hd add on and Now TV boost

Go to solution

There's two HD add one, there's the BT TV HD/UHD bolt on which gives HD and UHD on AMC and BT/TNT Sport but that might change in the future.

NowTV Boost will give 1080p/50fps on the NowTV channels. This will work via the NowTV app and NowTV channels via the EPG. 

The jump in picture quality is outstanding and in my eyes, well worth the money 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

so what you're saying is, I don't really need the £6 option on my account unless I watch AMC or BT sport?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you so if I want to view HD for the now channels only and record via the EPG the Now TV boost is all I need?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

If you watch the NOW channels through the app and pay NOW directly for the privilege, than buying Boost via them will add HD and 5.1 sound to the content through the NOW app only.

If you watch the NOW channels through the app and/or via the BT TV TV guide or record, buying the HD/4K add on through BT (£6 per month), includes Boost for NOW, so you get HD and 5.1 sound content through the NOW app and/or via the BT TV TV guide, plus HD/4K where available for BT Sport and AMC as well. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@davidwindle9 I'm pretty sure you don't 

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@Mrcoop74wrote:

Thank you so if I want to view HD for the now channels only and record via the EPG the Now TV boost is all I need?

No, the BT TV HD/4K add on is what you need.

It includes NOW Boost but is the only option for activating HD on NOW channels delivered via the TV Guide that you can record.

————————————————————-
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you, it seems a waste and unfair to have to buy both. 

Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@davidwindle9wrote:

so what you're saying is, I don't really need the £6 option on my account unless I watch AMC or BT sport?

As per @NigelB72 , you only need the £6 option on your account if you watch AMC, BT Sport or want NOW channels delivered via the TV Guide.

You can use a BT TV Pro Box as a Freeview style PVR and access the apps through any direct subscription you have. 

Where it gets tricky is that unless you buy second hand, you have to buy at least one pack (Entertainment or Sport), to get the box. 

Both are in standard definition unless you buy the £6 add-on. If you go for Entertainment, you need a NOW account. As pointed out in another thread by @Brucemeister5 , if you buy Entertainment for example, BT will ask you to link your NOW account to them.

You can log in with a different NOW account on the app, but it will reset to the one registered with BT every day.

If you just want access to NOW via an app, there are plenty of less complicated ways to do it by buying a device like a Fire TV Stick or Roku.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

We have the Now Sports add on. We also have the BT HD add on. However BT are telling us that to get Now Sports in HD, we also have to take Sky Boost! Is this correct?

0 Ratings