cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

IPC6023 on TNT Sports and Eurosports Channels 430-436

Tried to watch the rugby yesterday and greeted with the IPC6023 code.

With instructions over the phone I have rebooted or reset the ONT, Smart Hub2, 4k UHD BT STB, and replaced ethernet cables. All more than once Nothing has made any difference. The helpdesk even did a remote factory reset on the UHD TV box which made no difference. Streaming apps such as iplayer and ITVx work fine with good download/upload speeds. 

Another convo just now with the TMC team who confirm that my subscription is valid and will investigate further during the week. Even a substitute BT STB produces exactly same fault code. Substitute Home Hub also gives same fault code.

Can someone senior please push this. I'm severely disabled and live for the rugby! 

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: IPC6023 on TNT Sports and Eurosports Channels 430-436

Hi @alwall

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the IPC-6023 error message you're seeing when trying to watch TNT Sports and your subscription channels.  I can see you have been speaking with my colleague in TMC.  They'll arrange for an engineer to go out and check the configuration to understand why you're seeing the error.  Did they give you a date that they'll follow up with you?  There isn't anything else we'll be able to do to speed things up at present, I'm afraid.

Feel free to keep this thread updated with how things are going.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Robbie.

I'm scheduled for a phone call sometime Tues A.M.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@alwall wrote:

Thanks Robbie.

I'm scheduled for a phone call sometime Tues A.M.

Regards

Thanks for the update @alwall

Rest assured, your case is in good hands and all being well, this will be resolved prior to my colleague calling on Tuesday morning.  Again, you're more than welcome to post back to let us know how this is going 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I had a phone call on Tuesday acknowledging that it's a multicast problem that has been present since the 5th or 6th Dec. A fix is being worked on. Apparently I'm not the only customer affected ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It's now Friday morning. Still no Sports channels. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@alwall I'm really sorry about that, have TMC been in touch to let you know where they are with the fix?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I was given apologies this morning but no fix apparent. It's particularly galling to miss Test Cricket and Rugby for a total of nine days so far as I'm very ill awaiting "urgent" surgery.

I had to explain to the caller today that I do not have a suitable app on my TV, and that watching on a laptop is currently very difficult because of my medical condition.

It was confirmed that it is a Multicast problem that OR are struggling to fix, STILL. 

0 Ratings