cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

TNT Sport Buffering

TNT Sport is constantly buffering on my TV. My internet speed is very good.  Other streaming channels work well. BT tech support recommended I get an ethernet cable. Im sceptical. Any ideas?  Thanks 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: TNT Sport Buffering

This is watching TNT Sport through a Pro Box and the TV Guide rather than the Discovery+ app?

Have you tried an Ethernet cable as suggested? Is this HD or SD versions?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

I am actually watching through the Discovery app.  

Re  Ethernet. Tbh I don't see why I should buy an ethernet cable when other live streams work perfectly well on my TV. And after reading that this is actually a common problem,  I don't want to throw good money after bad.  

As for the SD HD idea.  I cannot see any way of doing this on the app.  

From what I understand of consumer law,  if a company can't provide a service then the customer should get their money back.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Well this is all important, because the Discovery+ app is the problem of, well Discovery, and there are a few threads in the forum about how live streams are problematic on a few devices.

I asked about HD or SD because you weren’t clear about if you were watching channels through the guide or an app. The app delivers the best quality it can.

I just plugged in my BT TV Pro box and fired up the Brighton game on TNT through the Discovey+ app. No issues here, box is connected via WiFi.

So you are watching on the app, but on what device?

————————————————————-
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

I'm watching on an LG TV which has never given me an issue like this before 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

I am watching on discovery app on my apple tv 4k box . Absolute perfection on that. 150mbps

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@ClaretSwrote:

I'm watching on an LG TV which has never given me an issue like this before 

Right, so I have 2 LG TVs in the house and I have had stuttering on HD and UHD live streams using the built in app. In the end I would start the stream, then hit pause for 10 - 15 seconds, then play from there.

You can raise problems with the app on LG TVs from within the app itself and/or follow the troubleshooting here: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018966658-Troubleshoot-discovery-on-a-TV-devi... 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

I can see you have added Tags to my post @ClaretS which I think is you trying to reply?

I did get I touch with discovery and they told me this and a couple of other tricks which didn't work.

I'm afraid I don't know what else to recommend at this stage then, apart from watching on a different device. You can ask BT to look into the issue as you are paying them for access, but I suspect (as the app is no longer their responsibility), they will refer you to Discovery or just recommend you use another device.

If you watch TNT Sport via the TV Guide on a BT TV Pro box, then BT will take responsibility.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

And will BT charge me for this box?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@ClaretSwrote:

And will BT charge me for this box?

Of course. 

Do you have any other device already that you can watch TNT Sport via Discovery+ on? 

There is quite a list of options: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018652678-discovery-supported-devices 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings