cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Looking at getting BT TV but already have a NOW TV sub on a good deal

Hi all

I'm looking to upgrade my BB contract to add TV with sport (good deal on at the moment) I already have NOWTV and would like to know if I can just log in to it on the new box? I know I can transfer the account over but I have a really good deal with NOW already (Sport, Boost, Movies and Entertainment for £32) So I don't want to lose that good price (especially as BT want £35 just for NOW TV sport when doing the sign up) 

Just wondering if anyone has had any success of using an existing sub on the box and being able to record etc? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Looking at getting BT TV but already have a NOW TV sub on a good deal

Yes, you can sign up for the £10 BT sport deal and keep your direct NOW account separate. Just make sure that you give BT a different email address to the one that you’re using with NOW. You will be able to use your existing sub on the BTTV box to login on the NOW app but you won’t be able to record as you won’t have access to the channels on the EPG. I do this myself with my direct Sky Sports sub with NOW and we’ve got BTTV with BT Sport and Entertainment plus various other add ons.

Message 3 of 6

@Brucemeister5 

The bt now page says: 

Can I watch NOW in HD?

To watch available NOW channels in HD, you’ll need to take a HD add-on, either HD (which lets you watch NOW and BT shows in HD) or NOW Boost. 

They work on monthly-rolling subscriptions, so you can cancel it at any time. You’ll be able to watch live channels and any catch-up content included in your package in HD.

But I'm guessing (as you have it) that logging into now on BTTV box won't gain you access to Now on the EPG? 

That's annoying- as much easier to get discount via Now direct than through BT at end of offer period 

One further ques: What happens if you have Now tv sports direct (no now boost) but BT £6 HD add on? 

Will then you get access to Now on EPG and two further devices?  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The only way to access NOW channels on the EPG is if you subscribe to them via BT. If you add the £6 BT  HD add on you will only get the BT Sport channels in HD and UHD ( if your line speed is fast enough. I believe that BT insist upon a minimum of 44mbps), and the AMC channel in HD. It will have no impact upon your NOW channels whatsoever if you don’t subscribe to them with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I ended up just getting BT sport on offer with the TV package as the guy on the phone couldn't match the NOW offer I have currently. 

Annoying but as you said I still have my freedom to cancel the NOW package as and when I feel like it or when the offer ends to try and get a retention offer (which is how I've got such a good deal anyway.) 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Just to clarify, the minimum speed of 44 Mbps is for UHD. It’s a question of whether the discount that you’re getting by going direct with NOW is enough to offset the hassle of not getting the channels on the EPG and being able to record them. Your discount is extremely healthy and worth keeping I would think! I’m prepared to sacrifice not getting them on the EPG too, but that might change if my discount reduces to the extent that it’s just not worth it anymore.

0 Ratings