cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

NOW TV double account issue

Go to solution

Hi there. Having an issue whereby my BT TV Box Pro keeps reverting to the NOW TV account I created via BT a couple of years ago (but is no longer used) - however I want to log in with a different account which I just activated for a £1/month for 3 months. 

I need to either merge the two (it’s two different emails) or have the integrated BT/NOW account removed.

Anyone else experienced this? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: NOW TV double account issue

Go to solution

The only account you can use on the BTtv box's EPG is the one created by BT. I don't think BT will change this as I tried before.

You can use an alternamte account in the NOW APP on the BT box.

@jamesbates234wrote:

Hi there. Having an issue whereby my BT TV Box Pro keeps reverting to the NOW TV account I created via BT a couple of years ago (but is no longer used) - however I want to log in with a different account which I just activated for a £1/month for 3 months. 

I need to either merge the two (it’s two different emails) or have the integrated BT/NOW account removed.

Anyone else experienced this? 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply ozsat. I’ve been using the app - I sign out of the BT created account and into the NOW TV account I created on their website, works fine. But next time I open the app (even the same evening without the box having been switch off or asleep) it’ll have logged back into the BT account.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It'll be authenticating against your BT account. I'd imagine that this is by design as understandably, if they're lending you the Pro Box they would like to benefit from it. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

There are always great offers available with NOWTV - but never available on the account set up by BT.

If you have a non-BT NOW account you are best getting access on a non-BT device. They are cheap and the savings in subs will soon pay for the device.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.