cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

NOW app not updating info on BT PRO MYTV/watch list

When I watch a programme in NOW it does not update the information in the MYTV and watch list. I am using a BT Pro Box connected with Ethernet cable to a Smart Hub2.

Two examples:

1. If I watch a programe in the NOW app, then leave the app. the programme is not automatically added to the MYTV watch list or to the MYTV tiles on the home screen.
  2. I can add programmes or series to MYTV by using the BT PRO search feature. However if I watch one of these programmes it does not automatically update the info on MYTV e.g. advancing episodes watched.

BBC and BT TV apps update the MYTV when I watch programmes on-demand via player or BT (e.g. AMC). NOW app updates the info correctly within the NOW app (e.g. continue watching). I have done a factory rest (keep recordings). My next step is to try a factory reset (lose recordings).

I’m sure I remember NOW automatically updating MYTV but wanted to check with others before I go through the pfaff of a factory reset (lose recordings).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: NOW app not updating info on BT PRO MYTV/watch list

Hi @BillyM 

I don't believe factory resets will change what you are experiencing.

It is probably simply down to how population of the watchlist is currently working.

According to Youview

How do I add content to my Watch List? - YouView Support

in the  Adding Programmes section  it says

Please Note: it is not possible to add a programme directly from the On Demand app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: NOW app not updating info on BT PRO MYTV/watch list

Cheers @zulu17 

It's not critical so I think I'll wait and only try the reset if my recordings list happened to be empty.

0 Ratings