cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Netflix Basic

Go to solution

I am not a BTTV subscriber any more (stopped about 2 years ago), but still use the box since it's mine.

Netflix recently revised their packages. I used to be on Basic and now it's Standard with adverts by default. I phoned Netflix and they said that the BT Box does not allow this package with adverts to be played. Since I do not subscribe to BTTV they said I would have to subscribe to the Standard Package without adverts with BT if I want to use the BT box.

Any suggestions please, otherwise I will have to buy a Fire Stick or similar. I do not want to pay for the extortionate BT prices for the packages I do not use.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix Basic

Go to solution
Unfortunately there's no workaround - whilst the TV Box Pro will shortly be upgraded to support the "with ads" tariff, the older boxes cannot be upgraded to support it. You'll need to use a different device.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  Thank you for your advice. Shame I couldn’t use the current box (T2100) but I am surprised that a software upgrade could not solve the problem.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Dippu 

You need to bear in mind that box is now around 10 years old. Just like anything reliant on software, the hardware will eventually run out of capacity to keep up.