cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Netflix "Expression of interest"

Go to solution

As my Sky contract comes to an end this weekend, I just discovered my Netflix access that came with it has ended today, so I went into MyBT to add Netflix to my BT bill.

I went through the order process, flicked on "Netflix" and left everything else as it was (I have Sport with HD/4K).

It checked out as an "Expression of interest" at £0.00 and it said BT would send me an email with a link so I could select my package of choice and then it would be added to the bill.

I have had an email confirmation of the Netflix order, but then got a second email telling me some of my services were stopping? 

I  didn't touch them!I didn't touch them!

So I went into the order summary and it confirmed that I was losing HD/4K and AMC:

Order summaryOrder summary

I haven't asked for these to be cancelled, I just added Netflix!

Is this another marvel of BT systems that I should ignore or do I need someone to look at the order to make sure these aren't removed?

I don't even think I have BT TV App Extra? Wasn't that an extra £5? 

Confused.com

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Netflix "Expression of interest"

Go to solution

Just had another email, "Your service is starting soon"

"Your service will start by 23:59 on 13-Jun-2023. "

But no mention of what service, I haven't had the link yet to sign up if it is talking about Netflix! 🤔

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @stereohaven,

I am sorry that this seems to have removed some of your previous add ons.

During the order selection, did it mention the previous add ons at all?

Do you need our help getting them back?

Thanks
DanielS

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks @DanielS 

It didn’t say anything about them being removed until I got the confirmation email.

The only thing I touched during the order process was turning “on” the Netflix toggle, but nothing has been received for that.

I just checked MyBT and HD/4K has definitely toggled off, so I’ll switch it back on to see what happens and report back.

Any idea what is supposed to happen with Netflix?

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @stereohaven,

Thank you for posting back. @DanielS has finished for today. Normally with Netflix, you would receive an email after the order to complete the sign-on journey.

I would need to take a look at your account to be able to say for sure what is happening. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks @PaddyB just sent the message.

I have lost BT Sport in HD and Ultimate from the box, so I went back in and tried to turn it back on, but the order process skips to the end and just says the new monthly charge is £0.00.

So I tried adding Netflix again and this time the messages stack up, although I haven't had the link yet. More detail in the PM.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Quick update, the second attempt at adding Netflix seems to have partially worked, in that it now appears as an active add on and the order has completed, but I haven't had any email to link it to my BT bill.

Add onAdd on

If I click on the link below, it takes me to Netflix but I do not have any option to link payment back to BT, only pay by card:

This takes me to NetflixThis takes me to Netflix 

@PaddyB It's half term and the kids want their access back, so I have just added a credit card for now. I'm going to look at this all again after the Summer holidays.

Don't worry about the HD/4K add on either, I can still watch through the app in HD and the European finals are free to air anyway. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @stereohaven, thanks for the update and I'll close your case off from our queue. If you need the other extras added in the future just come back to us.

cheers

John

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry @JohnC2 or @PaddyB I think I need to add a query to your queue here unless you have another suggestion?

I just realised that I paid £6 for the HD/4K add-on that was supposed to cover from 17th May to 16th June:

HD/4KHD/4K

But of course I actually lost HD/4K on the BT TV box on the 31st May when I tried to add Netflix, so I am not getting the benefit of the add-on I paid in advance for. 

I know I can watch BT Sport on the app, but it's a bit annoying that I can't watch it on the box when I didn't cancel the add-on and I believe I have paid for it to be in place until the 16th anyway.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

When was the bill produced though? If it was before 31st May & knowing how BT's billing cycles work I'd suggest waiting until the next bill a sit should in theory correct itself on the next one if the bill was produced before 31st May