cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Program description

Go to solution

Hi there, I find that any program description on the tv guide is not complete. Even if I press the information button on the remote, it does not provide a full description of the program, quite annoying.  Any help would be much appreciated 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Program description

Go to solution
Could you give an example? e.g. programme date and time, and what about it that makes you think it's not complete?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

IMG_4489.jpeg

Gulliver returns on sky cinema right now, but it does not matter when or on what channel or what program, I never get a full description. Please see photo attached 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Unfortunately it's working as designed.

When channels publish their TV guide info, they provide a short description, medium description, and long description.  That part of the UI is configured to show the medium description, which is truncated at 205 characters.  You can view the full description using the BT TV app, or the BT Player web site.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Probably down to how the data for the “synopsis” of the programme is  provided 
the programme description in the BT TV app schedule is similar (ie incomplete at time)

observation if I look at Sky Arts  a channel available as free to air and as subscription Now Sky Arts  the synopsis on the same programme is generally different  with the subscription programme sometimes having an incomplete (example the seventies on 24 Aug 11:10pm).

0 Ratings