cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

will aussie rules football be shown in 2025 ?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

Frankly I wouldn't bet my bottom dollar on it. WBD is a behemoth broadcaster saddled with billions of debt following its 'merger' with Discovery Networks and it's helmed by a CEO who doesn't appreciate the value of the advertising revenue the company generates. The conglomerate itself has already had billions of dollars wiped off its share price and investors are fast losing confidence with its workers stateside feeling generally demoralised across the board. It's not even considering investing in a CNN+ platform which could be a means of bringing in more revenue; the main concern looks to be aimed at the new DTC streaming venture, Venu Sports.

Its decision not to dig deep and tender bids for significant TNT and BT Sport mainstays such as NBA and Endeavor Sports' WWE suggests it has a much misplaced sense of priorities and from a UK point of view it may have injected a sizeable stake towards the JV but I have never seen such an inefficiently operated service. As yet there's still no clue as to which foreign football league rights the JV still has rights for, at least from a Ligue1 perspective. Best not even comment on the so-called apps it now uses for TNT Sports.

Above all the inefficiency, uncertainty and the lack of communication from user feedback, it is the insincere platitudes which never elicit a satisfactory response. 

Sorry to harp on, but sometimes it's a case of being careful what you wish for (to those especially who couldn't wait to see the back of Jake Humphrey and his cosy-style presentation - if anything, that side of things is now worse).