cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Unlinking Now TV

Go to solution

Hoping someone can help with this one as it is baffling me.

I used to have Now TV paid for as part of my monthly BT bill. I stopped many months ago and recently took out a Now TV Sky Sports deal on Black Friday directly with Now TV. I used a new e-mail addrress to set-up a new account with Now TV. I was hoping to be able to watch Sky Sports using the Now TV app on my BT TV box with the new Now TV account. However the app keeps reverting back to my old Now TV account that I had with BT. BT have not been able to unlink my old Now TV account from the BT TV box and told me today thay they cannot because as TNT Sports (which I have) uses the same e-mail address as my old Now TV account. They told me that Now TV and TNT Sports are linked and if I want to keep TNT Sports with my old e-mail address then Now TV app on the BT box  will  always revert back to the old e-mail address. To me this sounds like rubbish. Has anyone else encountered this and is it fixable?

JW. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unlinking Now TV

Go to solution

It is possible to log out of your old BT account on the NOW app and login again with your new account to watch Sky Sports. I realise that this is only a temporary solution to the issue that you raised. This issue was raised on here a while back now and someone did suggest that a permanent solution could be found by contacting the offline team in order to remove your old BT account from the NOW account. I’m not sure whether the explanation that you have been given about it not being possible due to you having TNT Sports is correct, but it might be worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I can log out and log back in with the new Now TV account and then watch Sky Sports but every time I turn the BT TV box back on it reverts back to the old Now TV account (with the same e-mail address I use for BT). BT tell me if I ask them to link the new Now TV account then I will be billed through them at a higer price than I currently have direct with Now TV.  I've tried BT tech support and the 'value team' (what ever that is) both in the UK and India. None of them seem to be able to unlink the orignal Now TV account from BT.  Why is it always so complicated with BT!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

My understanding is that the off line team may be able to help with this, as I said in my previous post. Perhaps one of the mods on here may be able to put you in contact with one of the off line team to clarify what the situation is. I do understand what you are asking for here.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JW19701 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you'e having problems unlinking your Now TV. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I've dropped you a private message so check your inbox and send over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @JW19701.

I'm glad we were able to delink the account for you which sorted the problem.

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hey, @DavidM  could you please send me details of how to do this too? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, @Sjcook13 Please can you explain why you would like to do this? If you have an active EE TV subscription with Now included, we can't unlink it.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, I have a closed BT account which my now tv was linked to and when I try to log in to my Now TV account it is telling me to manage this via the BT or EE app which I no longer have access to. I have called now tv and they are unable to do anything for me. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Sjcook13 No problem, that makes total sense. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings