cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

What happens when…

Go to solution

…you decide to buy/upgrade to say VIP with BT TV but you already have active deals with NOW across Sky Sports, Cinema and Entertainment memberships?

I know billing would move to BT, but I guess what I am asking is when, especially when you may have already paid for the best part of a month in advance already directly to NOW?

Also, you may have different expiry dates for each pass, so how does the billing work as it moves across?

Or, has anyone successfully bought say ‘Big Sport’ from BT but logged into the NOW app with a different login and just bought other passes as needed directly? Is the NOW app “locked” to the BT account login I guess is what I am asking. 

Cards on the table, I am very happy with my Apple TV set up and buying NOW passes directly at a discount, the picture quality and general experience for me, is excellent.

But, I was very disappointed with the BT Sport app during the Champions League final, I find the BT multicast sports streams much more reliable and SWMBO prefers to channel hop on a more traditional box (she does miss Sky Q).

So I think, whilst it might cost me a bit more, I will likely have to buy VIP, if that is the only real way to both get what we want.

Thoughts and feedback welcome and yes, I change my mind a lot! 🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: What happens when…

Go to solution

We’ve got the Entertainment pack with BTTV and various add ons too. I’ve got Sky Sports directly with NOW at a  large discount via my own account. The NOW app on the BT Pro tv box will default to the BT account but it isn’t locked to it. It’s possible to log out of the BT account and login to my own account to watch Sky Sports via the NOW app on the Pro box, but it is fiddly as the box will always default back to the BT account as soon as you stop watching and exit the NOW app. If I were in your position I’d keep your direct account with NOW separate and not move it across to BT billing as you may want to take advantage of the discounted offers at some point in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

That’s really helpful, thank you. 

I suspected the app would be “locked” in some way but wasn’t sure how. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I upgraded to VIP in april and had similar concerns but was reassured when NOW TV gave me a partial month's refund for sport,entertainment,cinema and boost and then the whole lot switched to my usual billing date with BT at the end of the month.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @Andrew24, really helpful. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings