cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

YouTube on TalkTalk TV

This is an issue that has frustrated me for quite some time now which is the fact that we still do not have the YouTube app on our BT boxes. I have just noticed that TalkTalk TV has this app and they are both companies using Youview interfaces.

Why on earth have they got it but BT can’t get it ON THEIR FAR SUPERIOR BOX? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: YouTube on TalkTalk TV

It may be because it's not a youview box, they're latest box is a netgem one

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Apparently YouTube will be coming after the switch from BT TV to EE

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Whenever that is gonna beb

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Talktalk have two tv boxes, none fibre customers get the Netgem 4k TV box and fibre customers get the TV Hub box which runs Android TV/Google TV and uses Youview just for the public broadcaster service Apps like Sony TV’s do. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

It takes two to tango. Have you asked Youtube why they have not provided a version of their app to run on BT Youview boxes?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

If it is apparently part of the plan for when EE TV gets switched over what's the issue with putting it on BT TV Pros and mini boxes before then?

It doesn't look like EE TV is happening anytime soon 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I suspect everything is on hold now until the change to EE works through so they can launch the new service in a blaze of glory.

Once they add YouTube and a couple of other apps and features, the new service will almost be as good as a smart TV from 2018.

Side note, did anyone see the announcement about "Primetime Channels" coming to the UK? Basically the YouTube version of Prime Video Channels allowing you to add additional subscriptions then watch through YouTube on any device.

I could link to it but would probably get told off again, so Google if interested. Very limited range at launch but if Google decides to flex it's muscles...

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

The primetime channels are on YouTube uk now for paramount plus, liongate plus, hayu, history plus and crime and investigation plus. Danz is coming soon. 

If they decide to launch YouTube TV over here that would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

They also do a similar offering to Freevee in USA I believe, would be interesting if we get that too. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Very much doubt it’s YouTubes problem, they want to put their app on everything. 

0 Ratings