Message 1 of 6

BT Pause UK Digital Voice Rollout After Consumer Complaints

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Pause UK Digital Voice Rollout After Consumer Complaints

Well, there's a surprise!

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the article.  I'm fine at present with both BB and phones so will sit on my hands for the time being.

Message 4 of 6

Is this the same as Digital phone line feature? I was about to sign up today to FTTP 900 package (BT Business) but no mention was made of this news..i only decided not to go through with it as new SH3 is supposed to be out in a couple of months so have decided to wait as a lot of posts are complaining about the SH2 not being able to take  full advantage of the 900 speed package.

Message 5 of 6

BT Business have their own solution, and that is still carrying on. I think its assumed that business customers already have some form of backup power solution to protect their IT stuff.

It would be best to ask on their forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

BT Retail customers are likely to be the main ones affected, as they are less likely to have any backup power solution.

Message 6 of 6

BT business is continuing to move their customers to their own enterprise grade VoIP service.

"They will be upgraded to a different, business-grade IP voice product so are not affected by this temporary pause. BT’s Enterprise business will begin to proactively contact customers in phases over the coming months to advise on timescales and process for upgrading to new Digital Voice and broadband products."