cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Branches cut without permission

Go to solution

Hi guys

i am looking for both some advise and information. I hope I have posted this in the correct department 😄

I have been I’ll for several weeks and have not walked my paddocks. Today I discovered, two of my hedges have been chopped down, so low and back that this will cause damage to my horses. I assume this was done by open reach, as the sections are directly below the telephone wires. I can confirm, nothing was actually touching the wires.  However, I had no notification this was going to happy and no one either contacted me or my neighbour, in person, by mail or telephone. They just climbed over my locked gate and ruined my hedges. Further more, they have left a hell of a mess, debris is strewn everywhere and I have now lost several bales of hay, given the huge pile stretching approx 40ft long and 8 ft wide. I am in my seventies and now will have to pay to clear this up.

I would have thought, someone should have informed both me and my neighbour of intent and at least contacted us with a time frame. As far as I am concerned, this is trespass!

where do I stand on this. Who do I contact to enquire why this was carried out, against defra hedge cutting period. This was done anywhere in the past 6 weeks, as all debris is brown and dried, this was illegal to cut the hedge at this time. Does anyone have the correct open reach department telephone number please.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Branches cut without permission

Go to solution

This forum has nothing to do with Openreach who are a separate company from BT. 

If it was Openreach who did it you will need to contact Openreach and complain to them.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Sorry, I had not idea they were not part of the same company.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It may not even have been openreach who cut the trees back.. There are many other alternative fibre providers that use openreach's poles to affix there fibre cables to. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.