cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Btcomms(at)info.bt.com asking says I’m trying to reset password

I keep getting quite a few emails from btcomms saying I wanted to reset my password by giving a link. I have not done anything, as I haven’t requested to change my password. Do you think it’s someone trying to get access to my account? I have checked my account(using the bt app) and my password is still valid. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Btcomms(at)info.bt.com asking says I’m trying to reset password

Quite a common scam, just delete the message.

Message 3 of 5

Or someone with a very similar email address is entering yours by mistake when genuinely trying to reset their password. They're trying to log in by mistyping or misremembering the email address they signed up with & entering yours instead. When they can't get in they ask for a password reset, also using the wrong address, so it comes to you.

Same action though, just ignore it & hope they get it right eventually!

Message 4 of 5

I forward them to the BT spam/phishing department (you dont have to, leave it if not sure), from the options on the mail, set up a rule to block sender and or domain and set it as spam if BT has not already. If you wanted to know more there is an option in BT mail to see source and it is never BT/bank etc.

But I never interact with them on my mail client. On the online BT Mail, I have images disabled. Once a while ago I had an unsavoury image load so I block them now.

I only ever contact BT, bank, whatever via a known number or link.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I won’t junk the email as it’s from the email address I get communication from BT. 

thanks again

Regards and a Happy New Year.