cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Fibre 65

Go to solution

I upgraded from  DSL to Fibre 65 a few days ago.  It did not go well. Three days later when it finally was up and running, it refused to work with my AC1600 router.  In the end I had to use my older DSL 3782 which got me online.  I am not sure what is happening here .  In the last 24 hours my landline is dead, no dial tone although the internet works.  Is it something to do with the new Fibre 65?

JKpilot

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fibre 65

Go to solution

There is no such product as Fibre 65, I'm guessing you have Fibre 2 with speeds estimated at 65mbps ?

Your phone line being dead could also be your upgrade included a migration to Digital Voice, your comfirmation email will verify that if you look at it, if you do have Digital Voice the phone service comes via the Smart Hub 2 BT sent you, not your master socket (NTE)

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Did you change the AC1600 from PPPoA (ADSL) to PPPoE (VDSL)?

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

No,  I don't think I did.  It is worth considering.   Thank you.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

OK, this is an offer from a competitor company (Talk Talk) outsourced by Open Reach.  It has left me puzzled by the absence in details , other than simply stating that I can continue to use my regular router without difficulty.  But I intend to try tomorrow the  VDSL option on my AC1600, and hope that works. I tried to get help with the phone and so far I have not had any genuine feedback from the company..

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

So why are you asking for advice on a BT forum?

You need to post on the TT forum for advice on settings applicable to TT.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
I assume BT is owner of all lines and relate to all Broadband issues.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Openreach own the landlines not BT Retail. There is no link from this forum to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Did you change the AC1600 from PPPoA (ADSL) to PPPoE (VDSL)?

I am not sure how to do this.
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@JKpilot 

Please post on this forum for advice, as the settings are not the same as the BT Broadband settings.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page-id/ForumIndex

This is a BT Retail Customer Forum for BT Broadband customers.