cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Has anyone moved to EE Broadband Mid Contract and What Happens?

I dont want to rehash something thats been asked before, hence sticking this in the lounge hoping for the right kind of feedback.

The reason for my interest is because there are features like Ultra Boost that are going to be available only to EE Broadband customers, even though its an EE TV thing....and I have EE TV. (Thanksssss)

Currently I have a good deal with BT and about 18 months left on my contract.

BTFTTP 900
Big Sport on EETV Box Pro
HD/UHD Addon
£82

The discounts I have applied are mostly just new customer prices I was able to get for FTTP900 and Big Sport.

Everyones experience is unique so I dont expect someone to tell whats going to happen and have to put their money on it, I just trying to gather what the expected experience is, all I see here are pretty poor examples but surely some folks moved over fine?

My questions are ultimately around the following:

1: What pricing model can I expect, does it have relevance to my existing deal?
My existing deal is pretty nice, it wouldnt be worth canning that for ultraboost alone

2: What happens to the connectivity during the switch?
I use my own router and I know the PPPOE creds are the same for BT and EE, so will I even notice a switch?

3: To switch do I just call up and ask CS?

Any thoughts welcome, quite interested if anyone had a positive experience whilst moving mid contract from BT to EE?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra