cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Help! I'm in the US and receiving bills for a UK customer

Go to solution

Hi everyone, I just got off the phone with a lovely gent named Ian who was unable to help me so I'm hoping someone out here could point me in the right direction. I'm an American living in Raleigh, North Carolina. I've receiving bills from BT at my gmail account for a woman in the UK who has the same name. I had this issue a couple of years ago and was able to get them stopped for a while. Ian's only solution was for me to send them to my spam folder. I don't like the idea of doing that because I'm pretty sure the person with BT service would want to receive her bills. I'd pay them myself but I haven't won the lottery yet. Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help! I'm in the US and receiving bills for a UK customer

Go to solution

Hi @HaplessAmerican, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get these emails stopped.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 3

Re: Help! I'm in the US and receiving bills for a UK customer

Go to solution

Only immediate suggestion I have is to contact BT data protection officer at cpo@bt.com as per the BT Privacy Policy and explain the situation [name, email and perhaps account number from email] hopefully they'll direct it to the right department to resolve.

Unless a mod happens by that could take it on board.

*edit - speak of the devil...*