cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: Need Windows 10 or 11. As am currently on 8.1 but was told it will be stopping in January 2023.

Go to solution

Thanks, Keith.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 22 of 34

Re: Need Windows 10 or 11. As am currently on 8.1 but was told it will be stopping in January 2023.

Go to solution

The only thing i could get from Speccy was my Serial Number which is or comes out the same 5 letters. numbers 5 times???

Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

I Honestly have not a clue what I am doing, downloading Nothing. A shouldn,t hit nothing more as a don,t no what am doing folks! Rodney

Message 24 of 34

Go to solution
I am on 8.1 not windows 10, thats what a need windows 10. You,s have my head wrecked as a told you,s before a wouldn,t be smart on these and am only going to make things worse as a cannot follow some other guy who posted something to follow. 3 eeasy steps. Sorry not easy for me! If it stops in January nothing I can do about it. Rodney
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

If you do not have a clue about what you are doing you should consider just upgrading to a new computer.

Your present, if its a Windows 8.1 will be getting long in the tooth now and will probably be at the minimum specs for running Windows 10 and will probably not meet the minimum specs for Windows 11.

Message 26 of 34

Go to solution
I,m sorry but I honestly cannot follow what it is saying. So be safer leaving it as am goig to make things worse. Thanks anyway, but i haven,t a clue about Microsoft ets. Rodney
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution
That Wriky is looking my mobile number everything??? I honestly don,t no what you,s have got me into. Am deleting everything. Rodney
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution
Its actually 2016 this P.C and have TERRIFIC SPEEDS. But you,s are messing my head up! Hopefully get someone who knows what there doing to upgrade it. That was very cheeky saying you need a new COMPUTER. Mine is probably FASTER than your own. Bye
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution
"Welcome to BT Community"??? Time I was off it as never thought you,s were that cheeky! Goodbye Rodney!
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

If your 8.1 is working generally ok don't worry about it.  It isn't going to suddenly stop working in Jan 23, it's just that MS aren't going to issue any updates for it after then, which won't affect you at all.  And forget about trying to upgrade it and see how best to get another computer with Win 10 or 11.  Lots of used bargains around.