Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 171 of 215

Re: New EE launch

Go to solution

I’ve had a similar issue, they’re looking into it for me.

Message 172 of 215

Go to solution

Well, absolute shambles so far..

New EE kit hasn't arrived (been sat at a Royal Mail hub in Yorkshire according to the tracking and should have arrived yesterday), EE app and website won't work properly as I've got an open order...

eSIM took multiple people to activate as they had not linked it to my account correctly. Can't choose TNT Sport as an inclusive extra even though I was told I could have it (reason I took the all-rounder).

No confirmation messages or anything about porting my old number and the page on the EE website just crashes out when I try and submit the PAC there!

Wonder what will happen next....

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Message 173 of 215

Go to solution

Hopefully they sort things soon

At this rate I might just stay with BT, I do want the 1.6gbps package but the 900mbps from BT that should be fitted on the 17th will likely be fast enough.

Message 174 of 215

Go to solution

Can existing BT customers switch to the new service, and what changes will it mean?

Message 175 of 215

Go to solution

@MartinJSUK in my instance, they could swap all over except the TV package I was on, TV was a sticking point. The claim was there was not an equivalent on EE and expected middle next year (caveat, what I was told is all). 

They were prepared to sign me back up to BT with the sports package (with no out of contract penalty) but incorporate EE sim deals?? Going to be EE anyway, all a bit misty.

Also, the number to call from the BT accounts page is a BT call centre.

All in all I would say its a fudged switch over but call them and ask is best I think.

Edit. Edited out chaff.

Message 176 of 215

Go to solution

From my end I was on BT Broadband fttp 900 + BT Sports, they were able to switch to EE to same speed (not lower) but without BT sports at roughly the same monthly rate.

New EE smart router plus arrived next day and was a breeze to setup. The only hiccup was that they got my email wrong on the process so was not able to link broadband package to my existing EE mobile package.

Message 177 of 215

Go to solution

See the link below from isp review with regards to an apparent date that EE TV will change from BT TV

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/11/bt-tv-customers-informed-of-ee-tv-rebranding-plan-for-...

Message 178 of 215

Go to solution

Thanks . Exciting stuff . I don’t know about you but I when the EE box comes out I would prefer to replace my bt box with it when I move over to EE broadband , even though they are essentially the same inside . It’s just the OCD in me to have all the branding matching up 😂 

I hope they will allow me to swap the boxes over when the time comes. 

Message 179 of 215

Go to solution

Well I guess that if you migrate your broadband to EE from BT, and keep your TV package they may send you out the newly branded TV Pro, but let's wait and see 🙂

As you say, I think the operating system will be exactly the same through out the TV Pro devices.

It's perfectly fine to prefer everything to match 🙂 

Message 180 of 215

Go to solution

@FC12 - A new replacement EE box with undoubtedly mean a new 2 year contract.  They will jump over backwards to send you a new EE branded one.