cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

No Internet offers available

I have recently bought a flat and am  desperately trying to get internet working, especially as I don't even get a phone signal in there. I ordered through Vodafone and they booked an openreach appointment but no one turned up and now I'm told there is no space in the cabinet for new connections. I've checked on the wholesale site and it says FTCC unavailable and waitlist for SOGEA and Vodafone says I have to wait for an update in a weeks time from Openreach as to what can be done. Does this mean I might not even be able to get a copper connection? Can a cabinet be full even for this? The cabinet is not a fibre priority so that doesn't look like an option any time soon. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: No Internet offers available

@Beckyann 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

As you have placed an order with Vodaphone, you need to post on their forum for advice.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

This BT Forum has nothing to do with Openreach, Vodaphone have the same access to Openreach as BT do.

Cabinet capacity would be full for all providers, you will just have to wait.

Message 3 of 12

this is a BT Retail forum and has nothing to do with openreach.  you need to contact your ISP

a full cabinet is possible and you need to wait for a space to open

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 12

A full cabinet is entirely possible and not ideal...however enter your post code here:

Telephone exchange search | thinkbroadband

Have a look to see if there are any alternative providers that dont use Openreach...such as Virgin Cable?

In your case Vodafone and BT and many other ISP's will all be limited by the full cab, but Virgin Cable or a completely alternative network if there wont be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 5 of 12

If you have a good mobile signal you could consider getting mobile broadband. It uses the 4g/5g phone signal and most mobile phone providers do it.

Message 6 of 12

Sadly they said they dont get any mobile service at all 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 7 of 12

It may be the case that the mobile router could get a signal if it is sited at a window. 

Message 8 of 12

You can get multi SIM routers as well right, that bond two SIM’s for faster throughput?

I swear I stayed in an Airbnb with something like this.

Message 9 of 12

Thanks for your reply. I realise this might not be the correct place to ask questions but I have googled for answers without any luck and this place seemed to have some useful contributions. 

I went to the exchange website and ot doesn't look postitive:

Exchange NameExchange DistanceClassificationVirgin Media CableBT IPStream MaxBT WBCOpenreach FTTCOpenreach FTTPOpenreach G.fastTalkTalk LLUSky LLUOpenreach Technology

Hastings (NDHAS)
1.78km
Market B

not enabled

enabled

enabled (estimated speed: 10 to 20 Mbps)

enabled (estimated speed: over 40 Mbps)

not enabled

not enabled

not enabled

enabled

All premises in the postcode are served by the same Openreach technology. Individual speeds may vary.

What I don't understand is that I had an Openreach appointment, which I believe from others means there is capacity but it was cancelled the day before because it was full. Even if a place becomes avaliable and I get Vodafone or whoever to book an Openreach appointment how do I know I have secured the space until it actually happens? Will someone just come in and take the space like seems to have happened here? I didn't take the first avaliable slot as I work so is this how someone got in in front of me? 

I literally can't make phone calls or receive messages in my (basement) flat and my elderly parents and young child need to be able to contact me somehow. What happens in an emergency?

Message 10 of 12

@Beckyann wrote:

What I don't understand is that I had an Openreach appointment, which I believe from others means there is capacity but it was cancelled the day before because it was full. Even if a place becomes avaliable and I get Vodafone or whoever to book an Openreach appointment how do I know I have secured the space until it actually happens? Will someone just come in and take the space like seems to have happened here? I didn't take the first avaliable slot as I work so is this how someone got in in front of me? 

I literally can't make phone calls or receive messages in my (basement) flat and my elderly parents and young child need to be able to contact me somehow. What happens in an emergency?

If there is no capacity then there is no capacity so no Internet Provider can offer you what is not available.

If there is demand, which it would appear there is, Openreach will probably increase capacity in the cabinet but that can take a while and until they do all you can do is keep checking to see if space becomes available and when it does place an order with a provider and eventually you will get the Internet and phone.