cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Open Reach Shows my property as not having a line when it has had for over 15 Years!

Go to solution

Does anyone know how I can contact open reach. I am been told that our property is marked as a silver address. We have lived at the property for 15 years and the line was connected before we moved in. We have a line and it works perfectly. Every time we want to change our ISP we can't without paying to have a new line installed as their system won't let them take over the existing line. How do I get this corrected?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Open Reach Shows my property as not having a line when it has had for over 15 Years!

Go to solution

@SBargate 

Who provides your phone and broadband?

They would need to raise an ORDI request to Openreach, to get the database updated to show your existing line. You cannot contact Openreach yourself, as they do not deal with end users.

Message 3 of 5

Re: Open Reach Shows my property as not having a line when it has had for over 15 Years!

Go to solution

Up until 2017 it was BT since 2017 it has been Plusnet.

A I see it Plusnet will not be motivated to get this sorted as they will likely lose a customer, they have me captive just now.

It should be down to Openreach to correct their errors.   

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@SBargate 

Unfortunately, only your current provider Plusnet can request an update to Openreach.

You would be better posting on the Plusnet forum, as this is the BT Retail Forum. Someone there may be able to help.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum

This BT forum has no connection with Openreach.

If all else fails, then you would have to cancel your Plusnet service, and then when the line is ceased, you can ask a new provider to update Openreach. This could mean a long loss of service.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It is down to OR to correct database errors , but as OR don’t deal with the public ( and that’s the way the Regulator and Communications Provider like Sky and Talk Talk want it ) then it’s your current CP , Plusnet that need to advise OR