cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Digital Voice Settings for Gigaset N300 IP

Go to solution

Hi,

Thats not true….you can get other routers to work and IMHO the SmartHubs have never been great.   I lost count of how many times they need to be reboooted (Normally when I’m away on business and I get a call from the other half saying the internet is not working)

On my Fibre Infinity connection I changed the router to a Draytek model. Rock solid and never needed a reboot in 4 years.

just upgraded to Full Fibre to House, and within an hour of the engineer leaving I had switched the same DrayTek Router back on and the Smart Hub off.   Perfectly fine (lucky I had bought a Draytek in the first place that had a WAN port as well as DSL port.

I then moved the IP phones (Yealink supplied by BT which are awful BTW) on to my network switch and they have been working for 7 days.

BT say you can’t but you can which is unhelpful and dishonest. 😣

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,  looking to replace the BT yealink phones (Awful phones and basestation seriously locked down by BT) did you just transfer the settings from the BT Yealink Station across to the Gigaset bas station or did you have to do anything else?

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@ScubaSteve007 

I assume you are a BT Business customer?

This is the BT Residential Customer forum.

BT Business have their own forum  https://business.forums.bt.com/

BT Residential Digital Voice, is a bespoke system which only works with the BT Smart Hub 2.

The subject of this thread relates to the residential BT Digital Voice service.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Interesting.  Yes business….TBH the technology should be the same as in the end Internet traffic and VOIP work the same, but from what you described it sounds like BT are locking people out of choice 🙈

they have Customised the Yealink VOIP so much it is missing core features from the same box you would buy direct from Yealink.  BTs answer we are working on adding the features….err….excuse me you have disable the features just restore them…..lol

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The BT Residential Digital Voice provides a secure phone connection using the Smart Hub 2 as the customer terminal, there is no other option unless the customer chooses a third party VOIP provider.

The Smart Hub 2 does have a phone port, so people can plug in their own phone system, or they can use the BT supplied phones to connect the the DECT base station in the  Smart Hub 2.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Sigh!