cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Why has BT lost 126,000 broadband customers in three months?

Go to solution

Maybe BT should listen to customers rather that annoy them. I would suggest:

Not coercing people into having digital rather than copper line phones.
Not charging extra if you do want digital phone
Allowing value brand plusnet to offer digital phones
Letting people OWN their router

In that case they might be worth considering

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Why has BT lost 126,000 broadband customers in three months?

Go to solution

You sound like you have had a bad experience of BT? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

It is rather a case of mentioning things which may annoy people about BT as ISP. If they were addressed, arguably it could make BT more popular.

Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

@Bhaiv  Why do you say coercing people to have digital phones? You do realise the copper phone service is ending totally in 2 yrs. Openreach is ending it area by area now. They also supply digital phones FOC.

There is also the churn as VM and AltNets with FTTP enter the area as well as the normal churn. 126,000 is a drop in the Ocean for BT.

Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

126,000 x 4 = 500,000/year

IMO, not a drop in the ocean

Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

@Bhaiv wrote:

Maybe BT should listen to customers rather that annoy them. I would suggest:

Not coercing people into having digital rather than copper line phones.  You are not "coerced". You can choose to have or not have Digital Voice or any other VoIP service when the copper lines are closed down by Openreach.
Not charging extra if you do want digital phone Do you mean in the same way as you are presently charged if you want an analogue phone line at this time.
Allowing value brand plusnet to offer digital phones Plusnet are a separate company. It is up to them to develop and use their own VoIP phone system.
Letting people OWN their router If you read through the forum you will see that BT do not stop you using your OWN router. It is only required for Digital Voice and  you need to use the Smarthub2 as the first device. You can then connect your OWN router to the SH2 and use it if you want.

In that case they might be worth considering

Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Bhaiv   I suspect that this is more to do with the cost of living than anything else. In good times people like to go with the traditional established providers. In the bad times they make do with the value providers to save some money.

Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

@DavidCoYou are assuming the trend will continue. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Message 9 of 21

Go to solution
I would say ending copper phone service totally is effectively coercing people to having digital phones. Also I thought some customers eg over 70 s were supposed to be exempt so how can it be total? I find that a little confusing.
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

@gg30340

I simply don’t except much of what you say. I feel you are just playing with words. You need Smarthub2 but will not own it. Plusnet are a separate company! And I thought they were owned by BT. I believe if you have a digital phone with vodafone, for instance, you will not pay extra for it . . .