cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Why has BT lost 126,000 broadband customers in three months?

Go to solution

@Bhaiv wrote:

@gg30340

I simply don’t except much of what you say. I feel you are just playing with words. You need Smarthub2 but will not own it. Plusnet are a separate company! And I thought they were owned by BT. I believe if you have a digital phone with vodafone, for instance, you will not pay extra for it . . .

And I simply don't accept what you say.

Why would you want to own the Smarthub2?  It does not cost you anything extra to use it with BT so there is no need to own it. If it becomes faulty it will be replaced free of charge where as if you own it you will need to pay for a replacement if it becomes faulty after the fixed term contract ends. Once you leave BT it will not work with other ISP so what do you intend to do with it if you own it. 

Plusnet are part of the BT Group but they are a separately managed company just in the same way as B&Q and Screwfix are part of the Kingfisher Group and Waitrose and John Lewis is part of the John Lewis Group all of which are separate companies and work independently of each other.  If you think other wise try taking something you purchased from one company back to another in the same group and ask for a refund!  

BT do not charge you for a new digital phone that will work with Digital Voice plus your existing phones will work with Digital Voice by plugging it into the Smarthub 2 or by using your present phone plugged into your existing phone sockets with a free Digital Phone adaptor. 

BT charge for a calling plan in the same way as Vodaphone charge for their calling plans however BT offer a Pay As You Go calling plan so if you don't make any calls you don't pay where as Vodaphone do not offer that option.

Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Is there a citation to back up your claim?

All I can find is: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/07/bt-stabilises-uk-fttp-broadband-build-adds-718000-prem...

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

It's Openreach that lost 126,000 connections not BT Retail. These migrations away are likely the result of other fibre providers being available in areas where Openreach fibre isn't so Sky, Talk Talk etc will be using City Fibre etc in those area's for full fibre connections.

Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

The OP probably believes the Telegraph headline

Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@garybs29

I would expect the Telegraph's reporting to be basically honest. Perhaps if BT did less things that annoy customers, customers would find them more attractive. Just a thought.

Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

I've now read the original article, and while there's a lot of bluster and bravado in it, it seems to be trying to present a complex multi-faceted issue as being entirely 2 dimensional.  Sorry that kind of analysis used to be my day job.

I'd still like to know the original source of the figures, whether the effects of the move to the EE brand is being included, and what sectors of the BT empire are included in the analysis.

Change happens, I'm not saying the figures are incorrect, and I've no investment in their accuracy, but without citations, I'm dubious even if it is the Telegraph!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

@gg30340

Personally I'd rather not have something in my house which I don't own, which is just on loan from somebody else.

Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@Bhaiv wrote:

@gg30340

Personally I'd rather not have something in my house which I don't own, which is just on loan from somebody else.

In that case I take it that due to your principals that you are not a BT customer because all BT equipment is loaned and you have stated you'd rather not have any loaned equipment. 

Which ISP are you with?

Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

So according to ISP review it was openreach that lost 126,000 customer & not BT retail

BT Stabilises UK FTTP Broadband Build - Adds 718,000 Premises - ISPreview UK

Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

See message 13.