cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Why is it impossible to communicate with BT - The communications giant?

Go to solution

Hi,

This is my last hope!

Last month I was going to stop being a BT customer and become a Virgin media customer.

It took 45 minutes for me to realise Virgin were useless and on the 16th February I spent over an hour on the phone talking to a BT representative who assured me everything would be back to normal.

Kudos to BT...the internet was back within 24 hours and there was no issue with my mobile phone.

On Monday - the 13th March ( a random date) - my BT mobile was cut off.

The only way to contact BT is by calling them. There is no email address for contacting them, there is no chat window to talk to them.

And I certainly can't call them from my phone as there's no service.

Yesterday I paid Skype £10 to call BT where I was put on hold as the person I was talking to told me their computer was "just buffering" (are they using BT Internet?? - that's not a good look) so they'd put me through to BT Mobile. While I was on hold my Skype credit ran out.

Thought I'd try again this morning as I'm currently working freelance from 12 midday to 9pm. However my bank has decided to restrict my card use due to "unusual" activity - multiple attempts to purchase Skype credit.

So I can't call BT.

So now I'm off to my bank so they will lift the restriction...so I can buy Skype credit (£20 spent so far)...so I can call BT - BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER WAY OF COMMUNICATING WITH THE COMMUNICATION GIANT!?!?!

I work freelance. I have a job on now and the client attempted to call my seven times yesterday and couldn't get through.This affecting my business.

I have a 90 year old mother who lives 600 miles away...I try to call everyday...I haven't called her since Sunday. Her neighbor emailed me this morning to tell me she is pretty down as I haven't called.

I now have to go to the work via the bank. When I arrive at work I'll have to ask my client if he minds if I take 10 minutes to call BT...using his phones.

Why is it impossible to communicate with BT?

No email address. No chat window.

Only by calling them - which is impossible if they've cut off my phone.

Or by joining this forum?

Can anyone here help me??

Mark M

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why is it impossible to communicate with BT - The communications giant?

Go to solution

Hi @MarkMcC

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your mobile.  As it is the mobile team you need to speak with; the only way to reach them team is over the phone I'm afraid.  Here are the >> contact details <<

We can help, however, as we are a small team and we deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them, it would take us a few days to get round to your case.  I appreciate the importance of getting this sorted before then.

Have a go at the above and let me know how you get on.  If you're still in the same boat, we'll take your details from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

i Robbie,

Thanks for your reply.

I've no choice but to buy another £10 credit on Skype and try again tomorrow morning.

£10 on Skype gives me at least 5 minutes of time to talk to BT...here's hoping they're computers are working this time?

There's no 0800 number that I can call them without charge?

Missed out on a job today, someone emailed to ask if I'd stop using the number as they tried to call me Monday. It's now affecting my business.

Mark

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

It would be a free call from a phone box, although I know there are not many about now. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Pick up a SIM from a supermarket until you get sorted. Asda for example do a 30 day SIM with unlimited calls & texts for a fiver. It even supports WiFi calling. Hopefully if you can’t get your BT SIM switched back on immediately, you can have calls diverted to the temp number.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Another £10 spent.

It appears that not only can I NOT COMMUNICATE with BT but within BT itself departments DON'T COMMUNICATE with each other?

I've now been told the number that I've been given out for the last 20 years, as my business contact, is lost. I won't be able to get it back. It's on every CV, website and business card I've given out and now it can't be used.

After a ten minute call.... 5 1/2 of which I was hold burning my Skype credit.... the situation has not been resolved.

I'm sitting here in the hope that the person I called will call me back on my Skype number.

I've taken BT to the Ombusdman before and successful won my complaint and I feel I have no option but to do that that again while I try and find a call box and stand in 1 degree of weather to call them.

This is all totally unacceptable.

THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO CONTACT BT IF THERE IS NO OPTION TO CALL THEM!!!

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

RESOLVED!!!!

Hurrah!!

So what occurred was....

When I "stayed" with BT last month they sent me a new SIM card.

When I talked to BT on the 16th February I mentioned they had sent me a new SIM card. It was 5G ready...I told them I was happy with 4G...it works just fine for me.

I mentioned that, as well as returning BT's old kit, I would send back the new SIM card they had sent me. I was told I didn't need to do that and I could go ahead and destroy the new SIM card they had sent me.

Luckily I didn't.

After scouring the net this morning I found an 0800 for BT that I could call.

I called that, they put me through to EE, they told me my line/number was active. The gentleman stayed on the call while I placed the new SIM card into my phone.

I now have my mobile service back and my original number.

Phew!!

Only took £30 and 3 hours of chatting to BT to sort out...but at least it's sorted.

Need to say thank you to all of you who replied.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread if you wish.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

for future calls from skype try 0800 800 150 for bt customer serivces or tech or line skype o800 are free 

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@theriddlerz1 

The 0800800150 is being phased out and in future CS IS 03301234150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.