cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT Pro Remote

HI all,

no matter what i do i jst cannot get my new BT remote to work with the TV and Home theatre in the same way the old one did. So when sending equipment back do i need to send back my old remote when its the new one that does not work properly?

Thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Pro Remote

The new remote is bluetooth not infra-red as were the previous ones, however you can put it into IR mode and you might find it works better that way

Hold both; the home and the 9 key until the LED around the top button flashes 3 times to reset the remote control

Hold both; the home and the 7 key until the LED flashes 3 times to put the remote into IR mode

Message 3 of 15

Many thanks for coming back to me. I'm away at the moment but when I return I'll try the IR suggestion.

Message 4 of 15

I find bluetooth remotes to be far better then the infer-red ones. I just going by the new remotes for the Amazon Firestick.

Im not saying infer-red type remotes are now rubbish as they are still good but bluetooth remotes now seem the way forward.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@Les-Gibson 

From my brief experiment, the remote will only stay in IR mode as long as the Pro Box is off. As soon as it's turned on the remote will auto-pair & return to bluetooth only operation.

Message 6 of 15

@rbz5416 

I'll have to give that a go myself some time -- if I can wrest the b****y thing away from my wife's grasp 😅

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@ney 

As I see it there are two advantages of bluetooth over infra-red.

1. Infra-red requires line of sight which, for something such as a Firestick, is not always possible so that's a positive.

2. Bluetooth enables voice searches (a plus to some) but having said that voice search hasn't yet been implemented on the TV Pro box (a minus for all) so this is bit irrelevant really at the moment. 

Incidentally, if @DarrenW is reading this, it would be nice to know what the problem with implementing voice search is, I have many devices, including a 5 or more year old Android TV, which has implemented it quite succesfully. 

Message 8 of 15

Well I've not got too an unusual a set up: OLED LG TV and Marantz home cinema but the BT remote still won't connect to either it's the only Bluetooth device that has this issue.

I just use the old 4k remote.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

I've not seen anything to suggest that the Pro Box supports controlling amps. It certainly doesn't see my Arcam. So you may need to connect the Pro Box directly to the TV & then use ARC to the Marantz. That's assuming that you're lucky enough to get ARC working reliably, which is a bit of a lottery at the best of times.

I'm still not entirely sure how TV control works. I was initially under the impression that it all happened over HDMI. But I've also seen it suggested that once a TV is identified, the remote goes into dual mode. Using bluetooth to control the box & IR to control the TV. I'd like to know the answer but CBA dragging the AV unit out to **bleep** around with cabling. Especially as the Arcam & Samsung TV won't work with ARC.

Message 10 of 15

Definitely does work with my Onkyo receiver, with the box plugged directly into the receiver