cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 135

BT Pro box 'ghost' failed recordings

I had to do a factory reset on my box at the weekend as it would not switch on - once I had got the timings right on pressing and releasing buttons (why have they made it so difficult? I almost gave up).

Since then My TV lists two 'failed' recordings in addition to each successful recording; three for the F1 on Sunday night.

Has anyone else come across such a phenomenon?

0 Ratings
134 REPLIES 134
Message 2 of 135

Re: BT Pro box 'ghost' failed recordings

It's still doing it.  The 'failed' recordings appear the day after, although not for every recording.

I'll try to work out if there's some sort of pattern for which recordings it happens.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 135

Hi @f1charlie and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the recordings on your Pro Box. I think we'll need to take a closer look at this for you. I'll need some information so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get on touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 135

Thanks @DavidM  for the reply and apologies for the delay in noticing it. 

The box has been behaving itself (pretty much) and the false failed recordings appeared to have stopped until Saturday when one did pop up for 'The Wheel'.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 135

Yes I’m having the same issues, it will record the program but also display a duplicate that says it’s failed to record.  I also get a message on longer programs i.e. about 2 hours that it fails to delete but does eventually disappear????

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 135

I am having exactly the same problem.

duplicate recordings with failed to record on one of them. They sometimes randomly appear 24 hours after watching the program or instantly after recording has finished. It is very annoying!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 135

Just to say that this behaviour is not only experienced by the Pro box , I've seen similar behaviour on my T4000.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 135

Ok, it’s happening on every recording I make from Youview, very annoying!  The overnight software update hasn’t helped either.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 135

Hi @MrBump007 and @richardhop and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're seeing these ghost recordings. I'll be happy to get this looked into for you. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you both a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 135

Spoiler
Spoiler

I also have the same ghost recording duplicates alongside perfectly recorded shows. Not every time but frequently. Mainly on series record rather than one off recordings. 

Oddly sometimes when the box is turned on after being in standby the ghost shows are not visible. Other times they are visible immediately? 

Any help you could offer would be great! 

0 Ratings