cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 135

Re: BT Pro box 'ghost' failed recordings

Last night recording okay ,no failed to record message and able to watch and delete this morning. 

Hope that this means problem solved, but it does seem to be a bit of a lottery at the moment. 

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 135

I'm still getting the double 'failed to record', even for one program which was on series record, but I removed from the scheduled recordings a couple of days ago!

Fortunately the programs that are scheduled are recording successfully, but the additional failed to records are still an irritation.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 135

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry that we have not updated this thread sooner but I wanted to provide a short update on the situation.

We are still working with YouView to better understand what is causing the ‘Ghost’ recordings so I can't offer you a timescale as to when this will be fixed.  We have had limited success in replicating the issue so we would really appreciate further help from those of you that are experiencing this problem.

If you have ‘Ghost’ recordings could you please provide the following info by posting a reply on this thread,

1. The programme recorded including channel name and time of broadcast
  2. What time (roughly) the recording was made
  3. Whether the recording was accompanied by a real recording – or if the ghost recording disappeared later.

We will provide further updates on the investigation as soon as we have them.  Thank you for your continued patience

Cheers

Neil

Message 74 of 135

Not sure if I can help with this, as posted in another thread, last night the box had a funny turn and decided to mark ALL of the recordings as failed. After a power cycle there were no recordings at all showing, this morning they did reappear but still showing as failed. Now I don't know which recordings are which.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 135

@NeilO  you obviously have the magic touch. 

Up until your posting, every recording had an accompanying double  'failed to record';  since your posting, there have been none. 🤞

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 135

No problems with recordings last night. Both recordings there and able to watch and delete. Looks promising. 

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 135

Well I have actually a current experience this weekend so details as requested are

1. The programme recorded including channel name and time of broadcast   Live: Everton’s Manchester United  , BT SPORT Ultimate HDR 465  , Sat 09 April  at 11:30
  2. What time (roughly) the recording was made 11:30am Sat 09 April
  3. Whether the recording was accompanied by a real recording – or if the ghost recording disappeared later.  A successful real recording  of 3hr 30 minutes was also made start time 11:30am on 09 April. I noticed the ghost recording  last night and it is still currently there this morning

Looking at the CRID data , the programmes and series CRIDs seem same for both. BUT I would add that the ID  and MEDARECORD ID of the Failed recording on my box was 397   and RECORDINGSTATUS  32 whereas the ID  and MEDIARECORD ID  of the successful recording was 401 and RECORDINGSTATUS 64 .

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 135

No problems again last night, all recordings successful. 

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 135

Hi @zulu17 many thanks for posting those details, I've passed over your findings to the TV team.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 135

The 'failed to records' are creeping back again.  First appeared on Monday, but not appearing with all recordings.  I have listed all my recordings since Monday  - all recorded successfully, but only some have accompanying 'failed to records' which appear the following day.  I have also indicated which programmes were watched and deleted the same day.

DateChannelTimeProgrammeDeletedFailed to Record
11-AprC51900Police Interceptorsx 
11-AprITV2000Coronation Streetx 
11-AprC52000Traffic Copsxx
12-AprBBC11345Doctorsx 
12-AprBBC12000Masterchefx 
12-AprITV2000Love Your Garden  
12-AprBBC12100Freeze The Fear  
12-AprC52100Compulsion  
13-AprBBC11345Doctors  
13-AprC42100Grand Designs  
13-AprC41410Countdown x