cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 301 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - surround sound issues

Hi,

The surround sound confuses me, I have a sonos Beam with surrounds which off all tv apps give 5.1, however on the BT pro box I have the problems everyone else has been experiencing however on top on Netflix the app doesn’t show as 5.1. Is this because it’s broadcast in DD+ which Sonos beam doesn’t support? I’d understand that but prime does show as 5.1 proper so that must be DD as it is supported on the sonos, not sure why they’d both use different formats? On top of that prime wouldn’t work with frame matching on but worked as soon as I took it off? All very frustrating at the moment, Thanks

Message 302 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro

Had this for a couple of days and very impessed with the feel and quality and it's FAST.

Only problem has been the wi-fi isn't working with my SH2 as I mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-Connecting-via-Wi-Fi-is-not-possible/m-p/2...

I like the fact there's less Blackpool lights on the front and the remote is brilliantly designed.

It's a massive upgrade in operation to my old Humax BT box from a couple of years ago.

Only thing I'd like is the 24 hour clock.

0 Ratings
Message 303 of 433

In case you missed the updated regarding the Box Pro and Freeview/Youview changes - https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-IMPORTANT-UPDATE-for-Freeview-TV-channels/...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 304 of 433

0 Ratings
Message 305 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

@ozsatwrote:

...At the same time the upgrade increase my guaranteed download speed by over 60% to nearly the expected speeds...

I am looking to return to BT Broadband soon and I started a thread on it here, because when I was with BT I had 48 MB download, while I can only get 35 - 40 with Sky. 

The above quote reminded me that when I joined BT but didn't have BT TV, I got around 42 MB download, but when I got BT TV the speed hit a peak of 48 MB and stayed there. 

I might be grabbing at straws here, but I would like to know whether or not there is a real world speed bump applied to your broadband if you take BT TV, because anecdotal evidence suggests there is? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 306 of 433

Here's a new bug I've never had before.

Was watching live freeview tv with the now and next banner open and started scrolling up the channel info at high speed.

I removed the batteries from the remote in case it had got stuck the it carried on for another minute or so.

Eventually it stopped - but only to find the box had completely locked up although the current channel was still active.

During all this time the small purple light on the from of the box was on as if it was receive a remote signal.

Had to pull the power plug to fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 307 of 433

First time posting here.... Sick of speaking to the great and dedicated support staff. Very knowledgeable but the BT TV Box Pro has again failed this evening, must be 6th time. This is not good enough and not what I expected after moving from Virgin. No menu, no TV, grey screen only. Yes software is latest 0.5.110. Engineer visit 3 weeks ago reconfigurated the BT Hub. This is a box issue. How many times do I have to unplug the aerial and power and restart the box. Disruptive and had enough! Can I have a replacement box or after only 6 weeks can I leave BT service?

0 Ratings
Message 308 of 433

Bt pro box good points can record 4 channels at same time 

Bad points everything else ,too many software bugs from audio sync problems, random picture judder as if video chip can`t cope and ghost recordings fed up of having  to delete dubplate failed recordings. I wish not upgraded an stuck with old   bt 4k box  that pro box replaced. And having to do forced reset couple a times a week.

0 Ratings
Message 309 of 433

@DarrenDevwrote:
Thanks for the posts, messages, and emails on this. I'm pleased to say that the bug with surround sound has been acknowledged, reproduced, and prioritised. Thanks again to @peskdale61 for the information that may just have clinched it!
As always, I'm not able to give timescales on when this will be fixed, but I am now at least happy that it's got the attention it deserves. I'll update again when I know more.

Is the issue with low volume also included in this acknowledgement?

0 Ratings
Message 310 of 433

I wish  knew.  Bt seems to have  forgetten the surround sound issue. I have gievn up, and rarely use th Pro Box anymore, and certainly wouldn'r recommend it to any one else thinking of getting it, especially if they are switching from somewhere.

0 Ratings