cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 391 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

Darren, as always thanks for your input here, it's much valued, however speaking as a customer, the last incarnation of the BT Vision box appeared to be very experimental. Apologies if it wasn't, but that was my honest experience as a customer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but perhaps it would have been better to have launched an IP only box, totally separate from a box, which to the end user, on screen looked and behaved almost exactly the same as the previous BT/YouView incarnations. Sincere apologies if my replies come across as rants aimed at you all, I do appreciate you taking time to reply to us all and the insight you give to the development process. I can also see the value of a service which delivers a good package of channels over IP, especially given the loss of so much over the air broadcast bandwidth and yes, I agree a box which "just works" without an aerial is a great selling point. Looking forward to the future tweaks and updates to the platform, as someone else said, Rome wasn't built in a day. Have a good weekend.

Message 392 of 433

Yes
0 Ratings
Message 393 of 433

Regarding the 5.1/2.0 bug. Is it the same situation with the optical output? I haven’t seen mention of it?

0 Ratings
Message 394 of 433

@voles not sure.

I am guessing it is. 

0 Ratings
Message 395 of 433

Yes it is.

0 Ratings
Message 396 of 433

Thanks. Wishful thinking.

0 Ratings
Message 397 of 433

Still waiting for a fix for the 5.1 issue....only 12 months.
0 Ratings
Message 398 of 433

Longer than that - I got box installed in June 2021 and the issue was there then.

@scharterwrote:
Still waiting for a fix for the 5.1 issue....only 12 months.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 399 of 433

Interesting @scharter - it's now being claimed as having been fixed a while ago - when watching a 2.0 stream, it should be flagged as such. Are you still experiencing issues?
Message 400 of 433

@DarrenDev 

Appreciate this is outside your remit but is there any good reason why a change log can’t be published for software updates? How can users provide feedback on fixes if they don’t know they exist?