cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BTTV box (DTRT4000) freezing, unrepsonsive, loss of picture, unable to load apps

Hi, I am having an onging issue with my BTTV box (DTRT4000) not the pro box, whereby the picture will go black, the box will then become very slow and unreponsive to switch channels, or load menus, when i go to power off and back on again the power button on the remote takes about 30 seconds to register, sometimes this helps other times it will occur again within a few minutes and I will then have to switch the box off at the back or the mains to get the problem sorted

Also have an issue where apps will fail to load, will just show a spinning circle for a bit then dump me back to what i was watching on tv, the only way to finally get apps to load is to do a complete factory reset, as switching the box off doesnt help, which is now becoming a pain as this process deletes all my recordings etc.

Has any body else seen this or know a way to recitify this

Cheers

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTTV box (DTRT4000) freezing, unrepsonsive, loss of picture, unable to load apps

Hi @spierso1241, sorry you're having this problem with your BT TV box.

Has this only started to happen?
How many times have you factory reset the box already?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BTTV box (DTRT4000) freezing, unrepsonsive, loss of picture, unable to load apps

Hi John
Been happening the last couple of months, so far factory reset 3/4 times,
We did upgrade to full fibre earlier in the year but was working fine until a few months ago
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @spierso1241,thanks for getting back to me. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us as it may need replacing.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings