cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 90

BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way out?

Go to solution

Hi,

Twice in the last week while I have been watching live TV via my BT TV (YouView) box the colours have gone 'off' showing greens, greys and pinks rather than true colours.

- I have changed the HDMI cable - didn't resolve

- I get the same if I watch a recorded programme via BT TV

- changing channels etc doesn't fix it, nor does going into standby and restart

- Other sources to my TV work fine (direct TV, DVD player)

The only fix I've found is to power down and restart the BT Vision box.

Is this a symptom of the box about to fail perhaps?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
89 REPLIES 89
Message 2 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

Is this a BT TV Youview box or a BT Vision box? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

It is a Youview. Sorry if I muddled things with a mention of Vision!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 90

Go to solution

No worries. Vision was discontinued years ago lol...

Try another device in the same input to rule out it being a TV fault and if it still presents the same problem, you'll need to call BT and report the fault. If you have an active BT TV subscription they will replace the box

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 90

Go to solution

Thanks - Ive discounted it being a TV fault already I've swapped HDMI and switched input sources..

I'm ex-BT and was around when Vision was launched so the name is engrained in me LOL.

Will report  it as a fault, thanks. Of course that will probably mean I'll get a new box and lose all my recordings (again).

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 90

Go to solution

One thing I would do to see if it has any impact when the problem occurs is to temporarily change the HDMI display setting  ( in the Picture & Sound area of the BT TV box Settings).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 90

Go to solution

@malhas 

You mentioned that powering it down solves it for a while , what about a Maintenance Mode reset?

Look here for details of how to do & the available options. Options 2 & 4 allow keeping recordings so are the ones to try.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 90

Go to solution

Hi, any luck with this, my BT youview Humax DTRT2100 started to do this about the same time as yours in February!  Always a Sunday afternoon when watching football.  I narrowed it down to occurring when the Sky sports logo appears after the adverts, does a big crackle and the picture goes grey, green and pink! I tried all the same things cables, HDMI ports, ruling them all out.  Only thing that fixes it is Off/on reset.  Very annoying and weird!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 90

Go to solution

Hi. No I'm living with it until I've watched some recordings in case the result is a new box!

Yes it's always during football and we think during the half time break a ls we're always rushing a box restart before the 2nd half starts.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 90

Go to solution

OK same as us, living with it for now.  I will try the maintenance mode reset next, see if it is any quicker, but I don't see how anything can fail in this way!  May have to ring BT at some point then.

0 Ratings