cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

Does anything happen with these self help forums? Are technical people aware that there appears to be an issue?

As an aside, it MAY be HD only for me. If I watch the Sky sports in SD, I still get a clicking when it returns from the ads to the live broadcast, but the picture stays ok. That's a bit subjective though as, given the issue doesn't happen every time even on the HD channels, I can't be sure that the HD channel in that instance wouldn't have also been ok.

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

Even weirder. Today, during the West Ham / Arsenal game - at the half time break, when the stream went back to the live feed, the picture stuttered again, but instead of going monocrome/purple/green, the picture stuttered on the gold ticker tape falling (the bit around when the cup is shown). The image just seem to loop and would not move on, even after the broadcast resumed. Changing the BT box 1080p/i setting had no effect either. Also, changing to other channels had no effect on the image - the picture shown was the same apparent loop. The only way out was to switch off the box and resstart it.

I have videos of all this if anyone is interested.

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 90

Go to solution

My son tried the 1080i settings change and that seemed to work. It was Sky Sports channel during Everton v Brentford.

I have only changed to Sky Sports very recently.

If it happens again I might call BT for advice.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 90

Go to solution

So still happening, now during Grand Prix at adverts.  This is a 'new' box replaced by an engineer. When my contract ends with BT that's it I am moving away. 

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 90

Go to solution

Another football season starts and the issue is still there. Is anyone technical at BT looking into this - and if not - how should issues be reported so that someone technical does look into it?

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 90

Go to solution

Hi there I had this issue last season from about February 2020 till May 2020.  I bought a brand new smart tv, had a new set top box and router and still wasn't resolved. So at the end of the football season I removed btsport and skysports.  My picture always went during the Sunday afternoon game just as the 2nd half was about to kick off.   

I recently upgraded my package to the VIP to include sports.  They upgraded my set top box to a 4KUHD box and got a smarthub 2 router. So far I've had no problems and the issue seems to be resolved atm

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 90

Go to solution

I'm the original poster. My problem has been fixed with a replacement BT TV box - some 6 months ago now I guess

Those having the problem - insist on a replacement box is my advice.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 90

Go to solution

Yes, that was my experience as well.  Although some are reporting that it's even happening on their replacement boxes, so perhaps we have just been lucky so far?

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 90

Go to solution

Hi, I have just received and set up my new BT digibox, after reporting this very same error, and today whilst watching Sky Sports Premier match, Nottingham Forest v Tottenham the colours changed to grey, green and pink! We have a Samsung 6Series Smart TV, model UE40KU6470UXXU.

I look forward to your reply.

Nick. 

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 90

Go to solution

Unfortunately I still have the issue. It happened twice yesterday while watching sky sports F1, both times coming out of the adverts.

I had a new box earlier this year. BT don't seem to want to find a root cause. Television has been replaced this summer as well with a new LG . It's a broadcast signal that causes the problem.  I guess it's too hard to troubleshoot for BT.

I don't intend to renew my contract when it's due.  Would be interesting to hear any comments from BT, but it doesn't appear anyone monitors the forum!

0 Ratings