cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

I'm suffering with this issue every Sunday while watching skysports.   I've got to reboot my set top box.  

I've been told it could be a software/firmware issue

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

I'm suffering with exactly the same problem and have reported this fault to no joy.  

Think it's a software/firmware problem 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 91

Go to solution

Did you call BT and did they acknowledge it as a known issue or do they just fob you off?

Just wondering if it is worth waiting for the next software upgrade, not sure how often they happen?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 91

Go to solution

No I haven't reported it yet. I've only shared with this forum for now.

I will call it in later in the week and see what response I get.

Need to watch a few series recordings before I get a new box though!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 91

Go to solution

They keep on fobbing me off been calling them every week and emailing photo's of my screen since it started end of January.   

I've been phoning every week and sending emails of photos of my screen as it's been happening since the last week of January.  

It's been escalated to the tmc team yet again I've told them it's a firmware/software issue with them.  

Everyone that's having this issue should report this issue as it feels they don't believe me

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 91

Go to solution

Hi, I’ve got exactly the same problem. In my case it is with my TV Everywhere extra box (extra box without recording facility). From the number of different replies that you have received, it points to a common problem that BT should take ownership of. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 91

Go to solution

Hi All, just FYI I've raised this today with BT Live Chat. I have a new box coming on Friday. The engineer said :

"Thanks for that, we have found that there has been drop out in the Tv box as per the tracker. It seems that the box itself is creating the interference. May I know how old is it ?"

The end result is that the box is causing this in BT's view. My box was registered in  2016 so 6 years old.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 91

Go to solution

My set top box is 5 weeks old .  The problem always happens on a Sunday on skysports when Premier league football is on

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 91

Go to solution

I've already had my set top box replaced and the problem hasn't gone away.   My new set top box is only about 5 weeks old.   I'm fed up of being fobbed off.  I've changed the hdmi cable and got a new TV.   It's definitely a firmware software problem 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 91

Go to solution

Thanks for the update, not much point in getting a replacement box then! 

0 Ratings