cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

So far it's only been on skysports on a Sunday afternoon.   It still happened after I had a new set top box .  I'm at my wits end

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

Engineer came out today and replaced the box. Fingers crossed it fixes it, but I have my doubts. Won't be able to watch this Sunday as other things going on. I could of changed the box myself, but they insisted on sending someone out even though I could not show him anything wrong at the time 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 91

Go to solution

Ah - I will keep a close eye on my new box, then, as so far it's not been a problem.  So I just put it down to the age of the previous box and some internal circuit or other cutting out or failing after a period of time being on.

But, as I said before, it started with the live football on a Sunday afternoon (again, like everyone else, during the half-time interval), but then started happening on midweek games as well.

Then I found it would start going again about 20-30 mins after a reboot until finally it kept going about every 10-15 mins - although I was actually able to watch the rest of the match ok using the NowTV app on the box!

Perhaps the next time it happens, you need to leave it like that for an engineer to see it (rather than rebooting and waiting for it to happen again).  I know it's going to be annoying having to put up with it in the meantime, but perhaps try the NowTV app instead.  If you can bear the fact that the stream be a good 30 seconds or so behind the EPG version, that is!

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 91

Go to solution

There's a game on tonight Wolves vs Leeds on Skysports premier league will be interesting if it happens tonight 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 91

Go to solution

I'm the original poster. My BT box was changed this afternoon. I'll update this conversation if I still experience the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 91

Go to solution

Sounds like a plan 

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 91

Go to solution

Good luck @malhas, and I'll continue to do the same.

Touch wood, though, so far my replacement box has been fine with no repeat of the problem I was getting with the 6-year old model I've since returned. It is concerning, though, to hear of similar problems happening with a much newer box for @Balen22. It makes you wonder if there is some inherent design fault that generally takes a few years of use before it actually causes a problem but, if unlucky, could show itself much sooner.

BTW, BT has just acknowledged receipt of my old box. They did say it can take them up to 2 weeks to process the return but in fact it took them a full 3 weeks to do it!

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 91

Go to solution

Colour went purple green and grey at 5.32 this afternoon.   Being fobbed off yet again by tech support 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 91

Go to solution

Tech support called they have no resolution for this problem.   Extremely disappointed and seems they can't be bothered to resolve this issue.   Not doing my anxiety any good

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 91

Go to solution
Have they offered to replace the box, though? I know yours is relatively new but my new one has behaved itself so far, so I'm thinking it's some inherent fault that takes different lengths of time to show itself and you just happen to be unlucky (or, it's an older box that's been kicking around that you've been sent).
0 Ratings