cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Bt box keeps resetting

Hello my Bt tv box keeps resetting after being on for five mins or so . I’ve factory reset it , reconnected to Wi-Fi and retuned and it’s still doing it . Any thoughts ? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bt box keeps resetting

Can’t help but you’re not alone. After 18 months mine also started doing this.  I spent 2 happy hours trying to sort with the online support chat system but nothing worked. I (painfully) managed to get a new box sent out and it initially worked; however, the new box has started doing it! I’ve tried all the usual tricks, swapped the Wi-Fi channels, rescanned, plus tried moving it closer to the router; I’ve also tried setting it up on its own plug socket but nothing has worked. I’ve re-stripped the coaxial and tried that too. No other devices appear to be affected. Fun times. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Just a thought, and trying this myself,  have you got a network cable plugged into the tv box? If so, and if it’s not crucial to your setup,  try disconnecting it. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi Both,

I am here to acknowledge the issues you are suddenly having, it coincides with a recent software update.

Sorry you're having issues, we are working on understanding it and what we can do to fix it as soon as possible.

Looking at our data, it would be useful if you could test the following for us;

• Your boxes are connected via Wi-Fi, if you disconnect from Wi-Fi and use an Ethernet cable instead it, does your box still persist to reboot so often?
  • If so, can you disconnect the box entirely from the internet and monitor for a period of time to see if it reboots?

Answers to these questions will greatly help us in identifying potential causes.

Appreciate your help and sorry again for the inconvenience.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi - latest update and a request:

We've been investigating this issue with some affected customers, and the TV Box Pro has had both a wired (Ethernet) connection to the  Smart Hub 2 WAN Port (often coloured red) as well as an active Wi-Fi connection - this appears to be causing a "reboot loop" problem since the last firmware update (0.7.82) for the TV Box Pro.

We looking at why that has happened but in the meantime if you are experiencing the issue, and have your TV Box "dual connected" on both wired and Wi-Fi please do one of the following:

• If you're using Wi-Fi, make sure any ethernet cable plugged into the back of the TV box is removed
  • If you're using a wired connection, please use the "forget connections" menu option  to remove any stored Wi-Fi connection details.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks. Yep. As I suggested in my 2nd post, by removing the network cable, it seemed to stop the reset loop. Not done it since. 

thanks for the update.

Message 7 of 11

This happens to me alot and after it restarts backup it doesnt reponds to the remote control at all.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@Jonathan_Middleton I'm sorry about that, have you tried a factory reset on the box to see if it helps?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Not long had one has my boxes both had issues after the last update so had to have a enginineer come out to look at them but got it working for now turned it off and unplug the internet cable out of it and turned it back on soon it loaded up I checked remote and then plugged internet cable back in which seem to work for now

Message 10 of 11

@Jonathan_Middleton I'm glad you got sorted, let us know if you need any further help.

Neil