cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 231 of 378

Re: New features

I'd imagine that will be down to who owns the metadata driving the EPG triggers....the broadcaster themselves or the company doing the playout.......

0 Ratings
Message 232 of 378

I've had it confirmed that getting the data feeds for the EPG triggers is the issue. Triggers will be added for channels as soon as data sources become available.
Message 233 of 378

@MC22  Not sure anyone  answered  your question  from yesterday.  my understanding  is that while your new mini box would be in ip mode your existing  Pro box could remain in aerial  mode. 

Message 234 of 378

Thanks zulu17 👍

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 235 of 378

Ooo yes, I missed that one.

Yes, there's no need for all boxes to be in IP mode. The new BT TV Box Mini only works over IP (no aerial connection), but the Pro box can be in either IP or aerial mode.

Some other info that may be useful to others about the new service:
* You need a minimum 22Mbps to be able to use IP mode.
* You need a minimum 35Mbps to be offered the new BT TV Box Mini (the Z4 "BT TV Box" is still available as an option). If between 23.5Mbps and 35Mbps you'll only be offered the Z4 as your multi-room box. If below 23.5Mbps, the multi-room subscription isn't available.
* It's currently only possible to have a single BT TV Box Mini (in addition to the BT TV Box Pro), however this is expected to change as more multi-room options become available in future.
* Eligible multi-room customers can contact BT to request an upgrade of their existing Z4 to a BT TV Box Mini.
Message 236 of 378

@DarrenDev  Might have missed it, but is there a minimum contract length for the new mini box? 

0 Ratings
Message 237 of 378

No minimum contract length for the multi-room subscription, or for the BT TV Mini Box - it's a rolling one month subscription. You'll be required to return the box if you cancel.
0 Ratings
Message 238 of 378

What is the cost now for the xtra box? And is there an initial charge?

@DarrenDevwrote:
No minimum contract length for the multi-room subscription, or for the BT TV Mini Box - it's a rolling one month subscription. You'll be required to return the box if you cancel.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 239 of 378

£10 a month for multi-room subscription - I don't believe there's a set up fee or initial charge, but I recommend you use the web site to confirm for sure: http://www.bt.com/products/manage-tv/#get-an-extra-box
(my account won't let me view public prices to double check)
0 Ratings
Message 240 of 378

Not an option showing for me.

@DarrenDevwrote:
£10 a month for multi-room subscription - I don't believe there's a set up fee or initial charge, but I recommend you use the web site to confirm for sure: http://www.bt.com/products/manage-tv/#get-an-extra-box
(my account won't let me view public prices to double check)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings