cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 361 of 378

Re: New features

Hello,

I have reset my box and it doesn’t give me an option to select the region. It says to select either aerial or internet mode and once I select internet mode it goes straight to the rylan video and then when it is ready still shows London.

I’ve spoken to support and they don’t seem to know what to do to fix it 

0 Ratings
Message 362 of 378

Hi

You have to highlight london then press ok and you should get a drop down menu with the other region highlight your prefered region and click ok again. 

0 Ratings
Message 363 of 378

And there is no aerial connected to the Box Pro - although I don't think you get the Internet prompt if it is?

It sounds as if the postcode it thinks you are is not a valid postcode for the region lookup. That will need someone at BT to look it up.

@Lawiltshirewrote:

Hello,

I have reset my box and it doesn’t give me an option to select the region. It says to select either aerial or internet mode and once I select internet mode it goes straight to the rylan video and then when it is ready still shows London.

I’ve spoken to support and they don’t seem to know what to do to fix it 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 364 of 378

Hi @Lawiltshire  I have just checked mine which is connected via IP mode , pressed the purple home button and scroll up to the settings icon, press ok and  then select TV channels, go to update channels it will take a few seconds and you should get option to select region. Mine gives me West, South West or Wales  put it on West select continue and then done. 

Message 365 of 378

Hi all,

yeah so none of this worked for me.

I reset my box without any aerial in the box and don’t get any options for selecting regions. Even when I go into the settings it doesn’t give me an option to select any region. Just shows me tv channels and subscription channels but no option to retune or anything .

0 Ratings
Message 366 of 378

@Lawiltshire are you using the Pro box that BT sent you or the one you bought off eBay? No idea if that makes any difference but thought I would check.

0 Ratings
Message 367 of 378

@Lawiltshire So when you have got the box set up are your channels are listed on the guide. If you press the Purple home button on remote you should get TV channels square along with a host of other squares highlight TV channels retune and after its retuned you should get the number of channels available and if I remember right there is the option then to select region scroll to correct one and then highlight continue, if you are not getting this after set up then you may need an engineer out to set it up.  Sorry can't be more helpful.  

0 Ratings
Message 368 of 378

Surely if the IP address lookup has not identified a possible choice of regions for that location there will be no option to Change/Select region.

For example my box is correctly set to London based on the Ip address and there is no retune option or buttons to select regions.

So in @Lawiltshire  case it looks like the box has defaulted to London.

Message 369 of 378

There is no choice of regions on my box either, which "knows" it is in Northern Ireland, so would agree with @zulu17 

Message 370 of 378

Yes @Bluemoon1  I think this is what’s happening , it’s just defaulting to London.

I just don’t know how it can be resolved :S

0 Ratings