cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 378

Re: New features

@Kimbrich6 

Damn Rylan video. Played forever after my channel scan was complete. I actually thought at one point the box was going to need another reset 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 172 of 378

@Hunter2660  I've selected the West region. I got BBC Points West. However, despite saying it was ITV West, I got Central news. I'm checking again tomorrow in case it was a glitch

It is meant to work, but I suspect it's a bug

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 378

@jparnell82wrote:

Hi, I live in Devon and set to South West region. Guide currently showing as ITV news West country in guide but showing me ITV news central when watching it.

Don't normally watch ITV news so don't understand difference

Hmmm. I think that may not be a mistake. Not interested in "local" news from Birmingham so I'll stick with what I have for now.

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 378

@Hunter2660 it is a mistake/bug if it's working for BBC and labelled correctly for ITV. They've just mapped the feeds wrong or ITV had a glitch.

I'm sure @DarrenDev  will check this out...

0 Ratings
Message 175 of 378

Is it not down to the ITV distribution of it's HD feeds? In that ITV HD Freeview feeds for say West Country have had Central West HD for quite some time. Border Scotland region, likewise, has had Granada on it's Freeview HD yet BBC One Scotland.

0 Ratings
Message 176 of 378

It may relate to the Freeview HD situation where several regions still get the old (incorrect) HD region because the correct ones have not been setup yet.

VM and Sky only recently got the correct ITV HD regions in place.

Here in ITV Meridian Thames Valley - we still get Meridian East on Freeview on 103 and Thames Valley on 003.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 177 of 378

@TIMSPORTSFAN  how did you do it without losing recordings? I switched back once I knew I could only record two channels or watch and record one it's too limited in 2022. They need to work on a hybrid version so you can get the extra HD channels etc

Message 178 of 378

I think this link was posted before and explains how to keep your recordings.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/channels/switching-between-aerial-and-internet-mode/

Really do need to be able to mix the two.

@jam2000wrote:

@TIMSPORTSFAN  how did you do it without losing recordings? I switched back once I knew I could only record two channels or watch and record one it's too limited in 2022. They need to work on a hybrid version so you can get the extra HD channels etc

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 179 of 378

@jam2000I've copied this from the BT help pages

1. Switch power off by removing the power cable
  2. Press and hold the reset button on the right-hand side of the box
  3. Plug the power cable back in whilst still holding the reset button – continue to hold the reset button down, do not release it yet
  4. Within three seconds press and hold the power button on the front of the box and hold both buttons
  5. Release both buttons a few seconds after the BT logo appears on the TV screen
Message 180 of 378

@SRB  @ozsat  The whole point of these IP feeds was to correct this and to avoid the current Freeview distribution constraint. The IP feeds for Sky and Virgin have this working. I think all the other regions have the right feed. This looks like a config error on the ITV feed for the England West region. BBC was properly showing the West.

Can anyone else confirm they have the right region (especially those who did not on Freeview)?

0 Ratings