cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 378

Re: New features

I would like to try the new features - Internet access- on Box Pro but cannot find how to do this no matter where I search. Hopefully someone on this thread can help me out.

0 Ratings
Message 292 of 378

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/channels/switching-between-aerial-and-internet-mode/

@david1982wrote:

I would like to try the new features - Internet access- on Box Pro but cannot find how to do this no matter where I search. Hopefully someone on this thread can help me out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 293 of 378

@ozsat  thanks for the information  will try it out at the first opportunity.  Seems to be good from comments  on this thread  only concern  is facility to record only two channels, not four as at present.

0 Ratings
Message 294 of 378

@ozsat  have you tried it yet. Easier yo ask than go through  all the posts.

0 Ratings
Message 295 of 378

I have tried it and you can keep your current recordings.

I think your box has only ever been able to record two IP channels - it is just now you have more of them.

I have found that the remote seems to need reparing during this routine.

The quality increase of some channels is super - but you actually lose some channels too.

I'm able to record Freeview on another device so have switched Talking Pictures recordings to that.

@david1982wrote:

@ozsat  thanks for the information  will try it out at the first opportunity.  Seems to be good from comments  on this thread  only concern  is facility to record only two channels, not four as at present.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 296 of 378

Most new tv`s have usb port add usb stick and can record freeview for channels you lose switching the pro box to full ip mode,i have freesat/freeview combi box which i use alongside of my pro box,i think switch to full ip was worth it and find picture quality better even sd looks better.  

0 Ratings
Message 297 of 378

After several weeks of working well, I was greeted with a black screen on turn on today. 

A reboot was required to restore order.

Updated a couple of days a go to try out the new features. All was working well, with the exception of the odd black screen when changing channels.

When working, the IP picture quality is excellent. Just need to have a stable box.

Message 298 of 378

Hi All,

I'm loving the new IP mode for my BT Pro box, however I just checked tonight, with regards to my BBC and ITV regions, as I know Darren said they should switch to my local region, but they are still both London (this is on the guide and on the channel themselves

I live in Bristol, so should get West for both.

Do I need to reset my box?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 299 of 378

Resetting won't help @DaveA1 - please send me a DM with your BT account number, and I'll get someone to check what's happening.  For your BBC region to also be wrong, it sounds like we've failed to identify your postcode.

Message 300 of 378

Thanks Darren, I've sent over my account number. Really appreciate you looking into it for me!
0 Ratings