cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Re: BT box keeps going into maintenance mode

I have had this problem since January. Never any trouble before then. I have since had 3 replacement BTtv 4k recordable boxes T4000 plus a visit from an engineer. Even BT support are unable to  help. The box works for about 2 weeks, then goes wrong.  I know its stuck in maintenance mode when I come into the lounge in the morning and instead of a red light on the box, it’s blue and my heart sinks.   The many BT support people I’ve spoken to say they’ve never come across this issue - I suggest they look at the various forums!  Now I just reset as a matter of course. 😡 Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this problem? 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

This is the exact same for me, since roughly January ive had 3 boxes and this is pretty much the same scenario with my 3rd box that came yesterday.

Randomly when i click the power off button the tv signal vanishes but the box light remains blue. Only thing to solve it is hard power reset, or hold the  power button down, and it appears to boot back up. Tried various factory resets, wondered if it was the power socket, hdmi connection etc. Can only think its some sort of firmware issue?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Hi @RONNIET and @markgrant0 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with the STB. Can you both give us more detail on your set up? Are you connected direct to the hub or vie extenders? Are you connected wireless? What is the make and model of the STB?

Cheers

David

Message 4 of 19

Hi.  My box is a Humax DTRT4000.  It is a 4K Recordable and connected via an ethernet cable direct from my BT hub into the back of the box.   When the engineer came he checked everything and said he couldn't see why it kept going wrong.  I have noted that if I do a Factory Reset it only goes wrong overnight Tuesday so it's stuck in maintenance mode on a Wednesday.  If I do a software reset it happens every day!  BT support are at a loss, one lady even said she’s been working for BT for 10 years and never come across this issue before.   Now I’m so fed up I’m resigned to reinstalling all my app passwords once a week.  If you have any solution I’d be delighted - I’m fed up with the Ryland welcome video 🤦‍♀️

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Hi @RONNIET and thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if we will ever get to the bottom of this but I'm happy to give it a go. Check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details. I know what you mean about the Ryland video. 😠

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Humax dtr-t4000 for me.

it’s connected to an unmanaged hp switch, which is connected directly to the bt router.

usually a power cycle sorts it for me, or hold the power button. However the frequency of the issues increase until it happens continually, and I then factory reset, but it persists and I have get a new one. The last one I left at the blue light stage and it completely died after a day. 

still think this is firmware related

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Thanks for the reply @markgrant0 . Would you be happy to connect it directly to the hub for testing purposes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Yeah of course 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@DavidM That’s it connected directly via cat5e

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Hi @markgrant0 

For testing leave it connected like this for the weekend to see if any improvement, post back here to let us know how it performed and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Stuart