cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Subscribed channel filter not working

Go to solution

In IP mode on my BT TV Pro, when pressing subscribed channels now shows every channel rather than the now tv and bt sports channel. Any advice on how to correct this?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Subscribed channel filter not working

Go to solution

Technically all of the channels are now subscribed because the internet delivery of the terrestrial channels is a feature of an active BT TV subscription...

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

A logical approach is that Subscribed would be those channels that you receive as part of your subscription package

I presume you have some channels listed under subscribed that are not part or your subscription that if you select tell you to set up or add to your Tv package  rather than the channels actually be viewable.

In my view the category EXTRA should be used for those channels.

BT do seem to have different views to mine.

I also believe others have posted about some inaccuracies in the HD&Ultra HD filter.

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

To me subscribed channels would be what you are paying extra for as well, so I think an update should be required. 

Hopefully they fix it as it seems that it could become a pain for me anyway, and I may need to weigh up the pros and cons on IP mode.

BT did say that more channels would be added in IP mode. Wonder when that will happen. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Weerab1983  what you could consider is  when in guide use Edit Channels and select to hide channels that you are not subscribed to. That would mean they would not appear in the guide  and  when navigating up/down in now and next.

To be fair BT did give their view back in January 2021

Subscribed Channels" is more of a filter to see all the available channels you can subscribe to via BT, not necessarily channels you actually do subscribe to.

The filter separates freeview channels from BT channels.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@zulu17 I agree with that. However I am getting bbc1 under this. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Ooo interesting one - looks like the "subscribed" filter is just using the "channels delivered over IP" flag, as previously it meant the same thing.
I've asked if this is a known bug that will be fixed.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

That's great, thanks @DarrenDev .  I hope it is fixed soon and more channels are added to IP mode soon.

I know it is not easy and I appreciate your hard work and everyone else in the group for their support. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
It's not seen as a bug, as you need a BT TV subscription to receive the channels over IP. Thus they are classed as subscription channels.

We've therefore raised a feature request for this filter to behave as we would all expect (i.e. as it does with DTT).
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@DarrenDev perhaps a Now TV filter option would be helpful then?

0 Ratings