cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

What's new bt TV 2023

I wonder what bt TV will look like when discovery plus goes live .

Will any new apps and channels coming to the service 

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: What's new bt TV 2023

What new features would you like to see?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Id like YouTube and paramount apps 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

@Clinton11 I kinda get the feeling that Paramount is tied to a commercial arrangement with Sky which blocks them going on any other Pay TV networks for the first year. This would also explain the lack of content and 4K HDR. Especially on their movies because some stuff pops up on Sky Cinema still. Once this deal expires, I'd imagine it popping up on Youview and other platforms and they'll mysteriously solve their 4K HDR technical issue. Discovery+ had a similar lock out but after 12 months, it popped up on Roku, Firesticks and as a Prime Channel 

Message 5 of 23

I suspect the most interesting thing that will happen to BT TV in 2023 is it being renamed EE TV, 2 years after EE TV closed.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 23

Is part of BT like there broadband service not due to be rebranded as EE sometime in 2003 anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

@ney all BT Retail products are being rebranded as EE 

Message 8 of 23

@NigelB7

The International version of Paramount+ app (outside the US) e.g Australia doesn't offer 4K it isn't because of Sky.

Virgin have already confirmed Paramount+ will be added on there this year

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/paramount-and-virgin-media-agree-new-multi-year-distribution-partne...

Message 9 of 23

@martin93 I wonder if it's a wider rights issue then 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

I got Paramount+ at launch as I have Sky Cinema on Q, but I rarely watch it on the box, most of my app viewing is done on my Apple TV 4K as the apps (excluding Netflix), are all part of the universal search and can be added to my watch list.

I don't think there are any rights issues or Sky exclusive deal in place because I could watch content immediately on my Apple TV and iOS devices at launch, but it is HD and 5.1 only on any device in the UK as far as I have seen.

Seems to be a technical decision for some reason as 4K UHD, HDR, Dolby Vision and Atmos is available on certain titles on the US version and the Apple TV 4K is a supported device, so would be able to show it if enabled.

Whenever or however you get it (if you do), Yellowstone is highly recommended. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings