cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 42

cracking/popping noise when a tv programme starts.. :(

Have recently joined BT Youview Tv box... Every single time a new programme starts its pops, loudly.

Driving me nuts, need some help and advice and anything to stop this noise.

PLEASE...😣

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Message 2 of 42

Re: cracking/popping noise when a tv programme starts.. :(

Hi @DJK and thanks for posting.

This sounds really unusual. Is the popping sound coming from the STB or the TV? Do you have any extra speaker / surround sound set up?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 42

DavidM it comes from the TV or extra speaker have tried it with or without additional speaker. Its not on the normal TV programmes when I change channels. It also mainly seems to be on the Apps like BBCiplayer, Channel 5, Netflix, Now TV and Amazon. very odd but needs sorting tho driving me nuts. Its like a loud crack or pop!!!

PS..Seems to take an age to pick up the channels too.. circle whirling in the middle far too long!! Didnt have any of this with my sky set up.. 😕

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 42

Thanks for getting back @DJK .

Have you checked all the cables and connections? How is the STB connected? What type of cables are you using?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 42

Ive swapped over the HDMI leads, from STB to TV no change!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 42

Thanks for explaining about the apps @DJK.

Does this happen on every single programme across all channels? Or, is it happening on certain channels?
It would be interesting to know if it's happening on Freeview channels such as ITV and on your extra channels. When you are trying this, make sure there are no additional speakers or Bluetooth connections to the TV. If you could test it with audio description off or on it may help.

Lastly, have you tried factory resetting your STB to factory settings?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 42

It doesn't happen on freeview channels! or ITV HUB but seems to be the other apps. Always when playing a series, when the next one starts it crackles/pops...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 42

Havent tried re setting yet!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 42

I have the same issue. It's very strange and I too never had anything like it with Sky in the past! It is when watching things on apps/catch-up, rather than the Freeview side of things. I thought it was just me - clearly not!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 42

Hi @DJK and @LB1985 can you try a factory reset on the box ensuring to choose the option to keep your recordings and let me know if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings