cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 42

Re: cracking/popping noise when a tv programme starts.. :(

@NeilO I've done a factory reset and still get the popping cracking noise also the apps are a lot slower to boot up and now I'm getting a blank screen every now & then, like in middle of match last night.. Grrrr.. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 42

Hi @DJK  thanks for the update and sorry that this interrupted your viewing of the match last night.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll investigate this issue further for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 42

Is there a number I can call?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 42

@LB1985 Have you reported this and just out of interest what TV do you have?

Mines still not resolved despite being sent a new box

The information I've asked may help us both

Regards

DJK

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 42

Hello. I too have this problem with my youview box. Have changed HDMI lead to no effect. Definitely due to box as does not happen if I access same apps (e.g. BBC iP & Netflix) direct through TV.

Difficult to pin it down but I think it started happening for me when there was an update not long ago which changed the presentation on-screen of youview menus etc. which suggests a software problem but mine says it is up to date.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 42

Hi @Keith16 

Unfortunately no resolution yet, and the BT tech team cant even seem to replicate it at their testing facility and they claim they have never heard of this problem before!  So I ask you to report your fault too, so that they can hopefully see its more than a one off!.. Its sooo annoying and even makes me jump at times.. 😢.. They now want me to put the box in a different room to see if its interference but I don't think it is.. Had box changed, no difference at all! 

I am actually going to post a video of the noise on FB, just to see if anyone else has the same issue. The more people who report this issue the better.  I don’t have smart TV so I’m stuck with this, until they find a solution.

Take Care @Keith16  obviously, if it gets rectified i'll definitely let you know.. 😊

@NeilO this may be another customer with the same issue!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 42

Hi @Keith16, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are also experiencing this popping noise on your BT TV service. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with the Mod team so we can help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 42

Hi DJK

Thanks for your response and just to make sure we have same problem I would describe it as more like the sound you get with electricity arcing or sparking and it only seems to happen when using apps not normal tv or recording playback

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 42

For clarity can I just confirm that  :

you have not experienced the problem when viewing live (linear)  Freeview channels  ie those listed in the EPG guide  channels 1 to 299  ?

you have not experienced the problem when viewing live (linear) BT TV subscription channels ie those listed in the EPG guide channels 300  to 599 ?

you have not experienced the problem when playing back recordings of Freeview channels ?

you have not experienced the problem when playing back recordings of BT TV subscription channels ?

the problem is experienced when using several  but not all of the Apps available on your BT TV Youview box ?

Is the problem is experienced on the app playback of the first program you play or only when you subsequently play further episodes or programmes within the app ?

is the problem experienced only at the start of programmes or does it occur at advert breaks  on those players that show adverts?

which BT TV box are you experiencing the problem on .

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 42

Hello Distinguished Guru.

Answer is no to your questions 1 to 4 (do not have BBC TV so am only using this as a freeview box)

re Q5: I only seem to get it when using the apps, and specifically with BBC iP and Netflix. It seems to occur either at start of programme (I.e. after the ads or in case of BBC iP, trailers) and when stopping playback and exiting the app

Re Q6: Can't really comment as don't tend to binge but only tend to dip in for one programme however my feeling is that it only happens at beginning and end of a session but will pay attention in future.

Re Q7: Only seems to affect beginning and end but as I have said it can happen when programme starts after intro ads or trailers.

Have a Humax DTR 2000T

0 Ratings